Kodak M24 Instamatic

Evan Cox

I have the above mentioned camera. It is loaded with Kodak Ektachrome G160 film, process EM-26. Will any other type of super-8 film load into this camera? I ask because it seems difficult and expensive to process this film. If anybody can answer my question or tell me where I can process this cheap, that would be a lot of help.

your using long outdated filmstock, i think it requires special processing, your paying a premium on the processing as i doubt the lab handles many e160 cartridges these days. If you can find some use k40, i'm not sure if your camera can handle the new 64t. If you require the film to be projected, then your best option is look for a camera that can handle the new 64t. Because kodak killed k40, overnite it has rendered a lot of super 8 cameras useless, why couldnt they give us an ektachrome 40.

So, if I were to get, say, a cartridge of Kodachrome 40, would it work in my camera?

Yes your camera will expose k40 ok, i assume it has auto exposure? according to my book on movie cameras it has a fixed focus lens, keep your subject at least 5ft from the lens in poor light. With the price of k40 going thru the roof on ebay and most stockist sold out perhaps your best option is looking for a cheap camera that can expose the new 64t ok.