My new shortfilm "difference?"

Michael Althaus

The lighting was good and I really like the music. The acting was good as well. One problem, though, is the sound of a shell casing hitting the ground after the first guy shoots himself. Shell casings don't eject from revolvers (that would be an automatic). Discrepancies like that detract from the overall production value and make suspension of disbelief difficult. The hanging, on the other hand, came off looking realistic.

The lighting was good and I really like the music. The acting was good as well. One problem, though, is the sound of a shell casing hitting the ground after the first guy shoots himself. Shell casings don't eject from revolvers (that would be an automatic). Discrepancies like that detract from the overall production value and make suspension of disbelief difficult. The hanging, on the other hand, came off looking realistic.

The sound of the shell hitting the ground distracted me too but I couldn't find any good soundclip without the sound of a shell. If anybody has one, please e-mail me, I would really appriciate it :) (I tried severall times to modify the soundclip but it didn't work out...)

• Premium Member

...well, here in Seattle I see a lot of anti-smoking propaganda. Personally I find this kind of propaganda to more effective when it is aimed at advertisers not smokers. Your spot shows a lot of young people that probably have lots of reasons to want to commit suicide. We don't get access to those reasons.

I think this spot is too over the top. It's made in the same genre with the "Just Say No" campaign here in the States, which I have always found a bit insulting - both as a kid and now as an adult.

In terms of content, I recommend reading Ad Busters Magazine. You will find a lot of clever content there and you might get some new ideas from it. I hope I don't sound rude by saying this, but truth is this spot isn't very imaginative.

The sound and imagery are excellent though. Did you shoot this in an infinity cove?

Steve