Indie FilmTech Tips

Hello People,

When I have some spare time, the teacher in me comes out and I make some little video clips to help newbie filmmakers. I've done tutorials on: China lanterns, grip kit goodies, c-stands, lighting units and the latest is on white balance.

Also, I've written some artilces on filmmaking that are on the same web page, so check those out too.

Scott Spears Filmmaking Page

A little about me; I'm an Emmy Winning DP with 20 years experience with 19 features, tons of shorts, music videos and commerical. I'd do some teaching on the side at seminars, etc..., so that's why I do these clips. To keep teaching and sharing.

Enjoy.

Scott

Guest G . Stephen Bruno

thanks a million, no there is actually a check for a million dollars in the mail, okay no, there actually isn't, but thanks anyway, yet another great resource!

Thanks for your incredibly valuable advice! I've been looking for cheap lighting solutions for months and after viewing your videos immediately went to a hardware store and found the items you listed at very low prices. Thanks again for your help and I will point others to your site as an invaluable resource for no-budget filmmakers!! (Now I just have to find somewhere with China lanterns ;) )

Thanks everyone.

Finding china lanterns has become harder as of late. Pier One now only carries colored china lanterns. Target used to have them, but I haven't seen them recently. Ikea still has them, but there aren't a lot of Ikeas. I did find china lanterns at a new agey/head shop in an small college town in Boone, NC, so shops like that could be a source.

Scott