filmo 70 lubrication

mark74

does anyone have a clue ... which oil to use on a filmo 70 and how much to apply?...

Per the manual:

One or two drops of oil in each of 5 or 6 oil holes, every 500 or 600 feet of film. If unused for a month or more, oil before use. Run camera and let it wind down once or twice to distribute the oil.

One of the holes is covered by a plug in the center of the turret. One is next to the rewind/motor crank hole if any.

Following these guidelines will have a camera that is soon leaving a trail of dripping oil, so they might be overdoing it a bit.

Use B&H Camera Oil of course. Since B&H is defunct I imagine that any 20-30 weight non-detergent or turbine oil would suffice.

"Use B&H Camera Oil of course. Since B&H is defunct I imagine that any 20-30 weight non-detergent or turbine oil would suffice."

I've been using sewing machine oil for some time now in mine. It runs smoothly, but I have noticed a few drops of oil on the foam liner of my case. Could be too much, or too low viscosity, but seems to work in any case. I think it would be hard to damage this camera with too much oil. Just don't get dirt in it or let it run dry.

-Tom

thank you, tom.

i was considering sewing machine oil since it worked fine for my hammond organ´s sound generator gear box.

since i just purchased this camera i wasn´t sure if there are any parts in it that may get damaged using inapropriate lubricant.

kind regards

mark

thank you, tom.

i was considering sewing machine oil since it worked fine for my hammond organ´s sound generator gear box.

since i just purchased this camera i wasn´t sure if there are any parts in it that may get damaged using inapropriate lubricant.

kind regards

mark

Hi Mark, For years I've been trying to find an equivalent to B&H camera oil. I've heard dozens of suggestions from gun oil to sewing machine oil. I have found that synthetic clock oil works well. It is non-gumming, seems like the right viscosity and doesn't appear to run. You can by it at clock repair shops in clear dispensers with single drop-applicators. It's relatively inexpensive.