Ektachrome 100D in London

Erdwolf_TVL

Widescreen Centre in London are advertising Ektachrome 100D stock available for Super8, available mid Feb 2006.

http://www.widescreen-centre.co.uk/cine.php

Maybe worth a shot? I'm definitely going to test it out.

(I bet this is rebranded pro8mm...)

From what I've read, this may rival E64T in the grain/speed tradeoff, because it's a daylight stock.

Then again, I've also seen earlier posts where this stock being referred to as Circuschrome.

(Presuming this means colours that make your eyes bleed?)

Any thoughts?

Widescreen Centre in London are advertising Ektachrome 100D stock available for Super8, available mid Feb 2006.

http://www.widescreen-centre.co.uk/cine.php

Maybe worth a shot? I'm definitely going to test it out.

(I bet this is rebranded pro8mm...)

From what I've read, this may rival E64T in the grain/speed tradeoff, because it's a daylight stock.

Then again, I've also seen earlier posts where this stock being referred to as Circuschrome.

(Presuming this means colours that make your eyes bleed?)

Any thoughts?

Hi, my findings with 16mm circuschrome is, colours way ott, fine grain, but not as sharp as kodachrome. In fact projected 16mm k40 and 100D around 20 mins ago. 100d looks better, being a daylite film, k40 has the edge on sharpness. If i were given 100 rolls of 100d free, i would still pay to shot k40. 100D yeilds a clean image, but lacks the kodachrome bite. I see wittner already have stocks, would certainly give it a go, my only concern is its resolving power, it just dont look sharp to me. Mind you, anything must be better than that 64t stock we've been lumbered with. i wonder why kodak didn't choose to give us 100d in the super 8 format, was it due to it resolving power? or did they have a stock pile of grainy 64t to shift?

Andy

The choice of E64T was based on worldwide customer surveys, where most wanted an E-6 color reversal film that was tungsten balanced, and in the same speed range as K-40.

Hi John, This the the survey that I can't quite understand about. Everywhere you look in the message boards, there is no talk about how good E64T as a replacement of K40 because it is a tungsten balanced film but because it is too grainy. I just hope Kodak will provide a modern film stock with the finest grain available regardless whether it is tungsten, daylight balanced, reversal, or negative stock!

Hi John, This the the survey that I can't quite understand about. Everywhere you look in the message boards, there is no talk about how good E64T as a replacement of K40 because it is a tungsten balanced film but because it is too grainy. I just hope Kodak will provide a modern film stock with the finest grain available regardless whether it is tungsten, daylight balanced, reversal, or negative stock!

I wonder who kodak actually asked this survey??? 64T is toooooo grainy. Surely if enough people complain, will kodak do something about it????

Edited by k25rip

I wonder who kodak actually asked this survey??? 64T is toooooo grainy. Surely if enough people complain, will kodak do something about it????

Didn't mean to start another K vs. E thread. More than enough of these around :)

---

I have been to Wide Screen Centre today and pre-ordered a roll of 100D. It's quite expensive, and it's sold without processing. According to their sales rep, it's NOT rebranded pro8mm stock.

Just curious what to expect. It would have to be REALLY good to justify the price-tag.

I'm guessing it will look completely different, but that it won't convert me back from Vision200.

Hi, 100d from Wittner is nearly 20 euros, approx £15.00. What is the widescreen price?. My one and only reservation with 100d, has it got the resolving power in order to give us a sharp super 8 image. Plan to order a couple from wittner in a couple of weeks. Mind you, it has to look better than 64t

Edited by k25rip

Hi, 100d from Wittner is nearly 20 euros, approx £15.00. What is the widescreen price?. My one and only reservation with 100d, has it got the resolving power in order to give us a sharp super 8 image. Plan to order a couple from wittner in a couple of weeks. Mind you, it has to look better than 64t

These guys charge £19 per cartridge... They have never been known for their low prices ;)

By the way, where do you plan to have it processed?

I believe this is an E6 film?

Hi, probably send the 100D to Dwaynes. Here is the Wittner link. http://www.wittner-kinotechnik.de/katalog/...mm/s8_filmm.php i need some other items from Wittner so will order a couple of 100d at the same time. Been chatting to a chap who has had 64t at the widescreen centre since October, and it still hasn't been processed!!!!! Hope they can offer a better service with the 100d. Though i suspect their processer ( Andec i think) has not started its E6 processing yet.

Hi, probably send the 100D to Dwaynes. Here is the Wittner link. http://www.wittner-kinotechnik.de/katalog/...mm/s8_filmm.php i need some other items from Wittner so will order a couple of 100d at the same time. Been chatting to a chap who has had 64t at the widescreen centre since October, and it still hasn't been processed!!!!! Hope they can offer a better service with the 100d. Though i suspect their processer ( Andec i think) has not started its E6 processing yet.

Ditto. I bought quite a handful of 64Ts from them, because it was cheap. Had them since October, Shot them in November, handed them in for processing on Saturday. I actually think they have got themselves a processor, but are yet to figure it out! To check what 64T looks like, I've sent one cartridge away for processing at Super8 NL.

Thanks for the link!