'True' 25P on AG-DVX100A?

Steven Wyatt

Hi,

everybody

I'm looking into purchasing this particular camera for use in the production of independant projects. Could any body shed some light on whether or not the camera actually has a 'true' 25p function or is it a puesdo 25p facility much like the cineframe feature on the HDV Z1.

Regards,

Steven

steven

the dvx100 has true 25p

i use it all the time in music videos shorts and now for a drama i plan to shoot

i have one thing to say great great cam

i like it more then the dsr570 or any sony cam(pd170 or z1)

Hello,

Ramdop, thanks for your insightful comments. The reasearch that I have carried out, seem to indicate that this is a camera tailored for drama peices. However would I expect much in the way of an improvement from upgrading from my canon XL-1S?

Thanks David Mullen, however the reason why i'm asking this is because i've recently procured a micro35 adaptor from redrock micro, and as you may already know your going to lose a few stops of light, which therefore obligates us to lighting scenes. I was under the understanding that the canon XL-1S has a longer lens (88mm) compared the Panasonic AG-DVX100 meaning that material shot on this adaptor with the Canon would need more light compared to the latter. So my question is, will a camera with a longer focal length effect the volume of light passing from the adaptor into the camera lens? Would any thing to be gained aside from the 25p function and added resolution by purchasing the Panasonic DVX.

Regards,

Steve

• Premium Member
So my question is, will a camera with a longer focal length effect the volume of light passing from the adaptor into the camera lens? Would any thing to be gained aside from the 25p function and added resolution by purchasing the Panasonic DVX.

The answer to the first is I don't know, and the answer to the second is, isn't that a good enough reason?

• 1 year later...
The answer to the first is I don't know, and the answer to the second is, isn't that a good enough reason?

When using a 35mm adapter it makes no difference whether you shoot 25P or 50i. I recommend 50i as you will get slightly more light capture and it also allows for the option of doing "slow mo" in post