will this BOLEX PAILLARD MOTOR work on my bolex?

Stewart Munro

hey guys i just won this camera on ebay but i have to picked it up yet.but i would like to know will this BOLEX PAILLARD MOTOR work with my BOLEX PAILLARD H16 MOVIE CAMERA?and if it does what do i need to do?

Yes, This motor is a MC-17 motor (also known as Unimotor), and it will work on the camera on the picture (and in fact, on just about any Bolex H8 or H16).

Your camera does not have the bottom screw mount for this motor (it appeared a little bit later), but it does not matter. The top screw (it goes into the main spring motor crank shaft) is enough : remove the crank (unscrews clockwise) and screw motor in (counter-closckwise) with the motor drive shaft going into the Bolex rewind shaft).

For more details on running it, look at this recent thread :

http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...showtopic=11554

Good luck !

-B

... will this BOLEX PAILLARD MOTOR work with my BOLEX PAILLARD H16 MOVIE CAMERA?...

You might check to see if the camera "rewind" (and motor drive) shaft diameter is compatible. Older Bolex cameras have a 3mm shaft and newer ones are 4mm. Ditto for the older and newer motors.

If the camera is 4mm and the motor is 3mm it will not fit.

If the converse, it will go on but the speed may fluctuate as the shafts won't stay centered. This could maybe be helped by putting some small diameter tubing (brass or aluminum obtained from a hobby shop) to make up the difference.