The 21st Century

I emailed CBS to try to find if there was a way copies of this old classic series could be had.They replied that CBS no longer owned the copyright to the show and had no idea where I could find it on VHS or DVD.Anyone know where it might be available?It was a documentary show titled "The 21st Century" and it was narrated by Walter Cronkite,later by Mike Wallace and aired between 1967-70.

Marty

All I know about the 21st Century is that there will be a grand revolution and everyone using Celluloid is going to survive3 a nuclear war and carry their hand-crenket cloockwoork cameras down the street looking for Celluloid. Sorry I'm not of more help; maybe Ultra Definition can help you out.

[sorry I couldn't resist]

Have you tried for more information on the internet? I have some audio tapes of the Apollo program and there's a lot of Cronkheit there and he does a superb job, so I'm surprised that one of his shows would be hard to come by. If you try to pay a visit to the PBS film vaults though, maybe you won't need a DVD or tape :lol:

Regards.

• Premium Member

There are some mail-order catalogues that specialize in old programming and compilations such as this. Unfortunately I don't know the names of any of the compaines, but you can try searching for one of these if you strike out finding the show directly.

All I know about the 21st Century is that there will be a grand revolution and everyone using Celluloid is going to survive3 a nuclear war and carry their hand-crenket cloockwoork cameras down the street looking for Celluloid.

If you try to pay a visit to the PBS film vaults though, maybe you won't need a DVD or tape :lol:

Regards.

The survivors of the nuclear holocaust will make celluloid oit of the mutated vegation and emulsion will be made from irradiated rust from old videotapes that wont work anymore because the Earth shifted it's magnetic axis and everything recorded magnetically will be gone...See,I can be just as silly.

If you try to pay a visit to the PBS film vaults though, maybe you won't need a DVD or tape :lol:

That's cool,I have a couple of really nice restored 16mm projectors,I'lld settle for a 16mm print in good shape :D

Marty