Bolex Serial Number is 160891 how can i find out what year it was made?

Stewart Munro

Guest Ian Marks

Try going to www.tobincinemasystems.com and look for a link called "identify your Bolex" or something like that. It might help.

hey guys,

my Bolex Serial Number is 160891 is there anyway i could find out what year it is and what is call rex 1?sorry for all the posts!

Hi;

That should be around 1959, first of the RX models.... I had one from a similar year once, worked great afte a service!

Olly

Hi, Your serial number seems to date your camera to 1959. That would be just before the introduction of the Rex-1 model. The Rex-1 is an evolution of the original Bolex H16 Reflex (from 1956) : it's the came camera except for the addition of a variable shutter (quite handy actually). If your camera is a Reflex model, the top viewfider should be fixed to the body of the camera, and the word 'Reflex' should be inscribed on the top of the turret. The Rex-1's variable shutter is controled by a little lever on the side of the turret (controls side of the camera) which pulls out and moves up and down to open/close the shutter. If you don't have the lever, but it's a reflex model, you have an original reflex (also refered to as Rex-0).

All the info is very clearly indicated here :

http://www.city-net.com/~fodder/bolex/history/index.html