Loading a K-3 (sorry, boring old type of problem)

zanardi

• Premium Member
Can someone please give an extensive description or picture/photo guide to loading the k-3, cause i just go mine all the way from across the world and am dubious about sending it back to be repaired if i break it. thx

Java photo among others will sell you an english version of the K-3 manual. or download

http://www.k3camera.com/k3/k3pdfs/2004k3man.pdf

After you try this with a scrap roll of film, ask again if anything is unclear.

get some scrap film. you can accomplish so much with scrap film..

I've been practicing k3 loading the past few days.. it's somewhat tricky to get going but it runs problem free after it gets going. you can move the rollers by the way. There's a spring pin that you can pull up that will let the rollers swing out just a big..

• Premium Member

Don't get too caught up in loop size; it doesn't matter too much... really... I mean... my loop size is fine. As long as it doesn't touch any metal on top or bottom.

Watch the presure plate, make sure its seated properly, its easy to miss that when loading quickly.

Even when you think you've done everything properly, be prepared for a roll or two to come back jacked-up. Get to know the sound of your camera, and the sound different films make. Kodachrome sounds different than negative stock, and b&w sounds different again. After a while you'll notice if it isn't sounding right.

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member
Olex has a way better guide for Loading, Manual and Auto for the K-3

Here is the link:

http://www.geocities.com/russiancamera/16m...film-manual.htm

If we could only load in that kind of light!

Guess I never thought about actually removing the pressure plate... seems like that method might be a little hard in a changing bag but then any method of loading a K3 is pretty hard until you do it for a while.

If we could only load in that kind of light!

Guess I never thought about actually removing the pressure plate... seems like that method might be a little hard in a changing bag but then any method of loading a K3 is pretty hard until you do it for a while.

It's not so hard. Just practise with some dummy. I've loaded my first spool without a problem (but I was supposed to respooled it which is a b***ch). Now, I've loading next spools without any problems, just have a good knowledge what is inside and that's all. And read other posts about this thing, cuz here is many of them and the advices that giving from the other guys from here are very helpful. cheers!