16mm generational loss?

Mark Williams

i just telecined my super 16 film to digibeta. and made a dub to dv cam. the digibeta looks great. the dv cam sucks.

I think this post about sums up exactly what I mean.. You show yourself in your true light..

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
i just telecined my super 16 film to digibeta. and made a dub to dv cam. the digibeta looks great. the dv cam sucks.

Hi,

How was the copy done? If made via SDI it should be good, not perfect as the compression between the 2 formats is different.

Stephen

• Premium Member
Hi,

How was the copy done? If made via SDI it should be good, not perfect as the compression between the 2 formats is different.

Stephen

I have made copies of 35mm transferred to DigiBeta to DVCAM and then run them through a switcher and split the screen and you cannot tell the difference.

(Transfer via SDI, Thomson Broadcast 9200 switcher, DVW-A500, DSR1500A, all new tape, etc.) Now if you want to do some CC with the DVCAM footage that will be a different story. :)

• Premium Member
I have made copies of 35mm transferred to DigiBeta to DVCAM and then run them through a switcher and split the screen and you cannot tell the difference.

(Transfer via SDI, Thomson Broadcast 9200 switcher, DVW-A500, DSR1500A, all new tape, etc.) Now if you want to do some CC with the DVCAM footage that will be a different story. :)

Hi,

A lot depends on the shot. Shoot a bicycle wheel turning with a tartan background and you will see the DVcam compression.

Stephen