Product Shot - motorized spinning table?

Brandon Adams

I'm shooting some product shots for a spec with soda bottles. Does anyone know where I can get some kind of motorized spinning table? Or how I could rig one? I know its not really lighting, but I wasn't sure where else to ask the question.

In a pinch I've used a tripod head as turntable. Borrow or rent a gear head like an old Mitchell or Worrell and turn it by hand.

Edited by Dickson Sorensen

Not sure where you're located but Arf in Hoboken NJ has a nice computer controled system for their product shots. Might be worth a call. I believe they rent out the stage while they have down days.

Best

Tim

The easiest device to use is a turntable for records, if you are only doing packshots! combined with a dimmer you can even control its speed, or just use a helping hand to turn the table. that allows you to stop at the exact position if you need to. you also should bring a wooden plate with a drilled hole in the middle,to put on the pin where you normally would put the record. some turntables that you can rent at rental houses are actually converted record turntables!

why make it hard when you can make it easy :D

cheers

sebastian