Premiere Pro 2 export interlacing problems...

Matthew Campbell

Hi,

I have Premiere Pro, and I imported my 24P footage into PPro 2. The import settings are set to 24P.

Sadly, whenever I export this as .mov or .wmv files there are interlacing issues like the below:

interlaced8gt.jpg

Now I thought that because I was doing it in 24P there should be very little interlacing showing up, but this is basically non-stop. What is going wrong? The source video looks perfect in the monitor and when played straight back. How can I fix this?

I'm just curious what you guys shooting 24P do to get your .mov and .wmv exported without any issues like I'm having. The source footage is perfect.

Here's my settings for my latest Quicktime attempt. Notice the perfect video on the left.

settings2mr.jpg

So Adobe Media Encoder, only MPEG 2 exporting works without interlacing issues. I can also export it as Windows DV AVI perfectly, but those files sizes are huge. What is going wrong? This was all shot in 24P and my timeline is set to 29.97 FPS.

• Premium Member

Hi,

First off, this isn't really a postproduction forum - it's more about camerawork, and you're likely to get better answers elsewhere (or if you'd put your post where it should be here, in the postproduction thread.)

That said, I don't really have enough information to answer the question - which mode did you shoot it in, what output are you aiming for? I notice that under "Export Video" a 30fps progressive rate is noted, which may be something to look at. Also for some reason you have 29.97fps drop-frame timecode on the timeline.

Phil