K-3 bayo to m42 screw mount?

zanardi

I recently purchased k-3 but it has a bayo mount and so i was wondering if it's possible to buy the m42 mount itself and fit it? again this has probably been discussed before, so my apoligies. Cheers

I thought of this for my K3, but from what I can see the entire bayo mount would have to come off and, if my flange focal depth measurements are correct, the M42 mount would have to be flush with the front plate of the camera. I make thatquite a bit of engineering, followed by a FFD check. I bet it'd be cheaper to buy a K-3 with the M42 mount. I'm only keeping mine because I got it for nothing.

I recently purchased k-3 but it has a bayo mount and so i was wondering if it's possible to buy the m42 mount itself and fit it? again this has probably been discussed before, so my apoligies. Cheers

I took apart an old Zenit and it's 42mm mount looks the exact same as the one on my K3 (which I took off to look at the possibilities of re-centering it after I changed to s16). Old zenit's are dirt cheap, especially ones that are not working. I would be really surprised if they changed the casting on the K3 bayonet mount and the k3 m42 mount. If your focussing by eye the film plane and ground glass should theoretically still be the same distance even if you are a little off. The front casting on the K3 is built like a tank and adjusting the m42 mount to fit shouldn't be a problem. There's enough metal to enlarge the the lens hole (if needed) and drill and tap new holes for the m42 mount.

I put up another post describing what I have done to my k3 so far:

http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...showtopic=12111

There are some great m42 lenses out there, I have an 1100 mm russian lens with the needed lens support adapted to my K3.

Edited by steve@sky-line.ca