Which Kit Would you Recomend

Hey, i dont know what kit to buy, so naturaly im asking the board... i need to light a 12' x 14' room with enough light to be able to see, i am going for a dim look, but not to dim, i dont want harsh shadows.. the room is a set so i can light it however...

there is 4 people on the set...

what lighting kit should i buy... theres so many, i cant choose...

thanks,

adam

• Premium Member
Hey, i dont know what kit to buy, so naturaly im asking the board... i need to light a 12' x 14' room with enough light to be able to see, i am going for a dim look, but not to dim, i dont want harsh shadows.. the room is a set so i can light it however...

there is 4 people on the set...

what lighting kit should i buy... theres so many, i cant choose...

thanks,

adam

You can rent a kit to light this room for about $100 a day. Less than that if you don't want to do anything fancy.

• Premium Member
cool, thanks, but if i was going to buy or rent what kit should i use.....

Post some frame grabs of film scenes you are trying to emulate. That makes it easy to suggest how it was done and what was used.

well i will be using either the sony z1u hdv, or the XL2, im not sure which yet, (sidenote; if anyone could help me decide which is the better camera to get it would be greatly apreciated). im also using a M2 35mm adapter and various nikon lenses.

im having a hard time finding screenshots of what im looking for, the only thing that i could find is norm li's movie "water"

http://jonalden.com/water/water.mov

thanks,

adam k.