100' spools of Eastman EXR 5287 200t color negative

Kirk Anderson

I recently bought a box of old 16mm and super 8 equipment off craigslist and in the bottom of the box were 2 100' rolls of Eastman EXR 200T 5287 Color negative film, 35mm. I have no clue how old the film is and it hasn't been refridgerated until it came into my pocession. I opened up one can in the total darkness of my closet and found it still had the paper and aorund the outside and it felt and appeared to be unused. I don't own a Filmo or have any use for 35mm so here we are now.

I've heard it can be kind of cool to respool and use in a still camera as well as just use it for regular shooting. I'd do a test shot first, just to make sure there is no fogging, but my guess it the film is just fine.

I'd love to trade for any old cool super 8 or 16mm stuff. I primarily need a super 8 projector or 16mm split reels or anything else neat. Let me know if you have anything worth trading or are particularly interested.

thanks for reading my stupid long post.

Kirk

• Premium Member

As I said in the cross-posting, film that is at least ten years old and has not been stored properly is not likely to give good results. Expect high fog levels, lower contrast with some mismatch, and increased graininess.

"Hey Man, I'm not trying to scam anyone here man."

I just got a couple rolls of film that have no use to me that might be of use to someone else. If they fog they fog, No one is going to use these for a ten milllion dollar project. im just trying to help someone else out for helping me out.

• Premium Member
"Hey Man, I'm not trying to scam anyone here man."

I just got a couple rolls of film that have no use to me that might be of use to someone else. If they fog they fog, No one is going to use these for a ten milllion dollar project. im just trying to help someone else out for helping me out.

No criticism of your generosity was intended. Just stating the risks of using really old film that was not refrigerated.