Politics

• Premium Member

Hi,

I know I don't post here as often as I used to (career change from filmmaker to EMT) but I do read the posts on regular basis.

Why does it seems that politics, not film and cinemtography, is the primary focus of this forum now? Ever since this new forum opened, everywhere I look are left or right wing commentaries interspersed in film posts.

I know the former Ultra Definition got a lot of people going (including myself) but I hope it doesn't continue now that he's gone.

Everyone has their own views about what's going on in the world right now. God knows I do. But I respectfully ask that we all make a combined effort to keep the politics out of this forum and stick to film-related issues.

Thanks.

I agree that it can get annoying seeing a lot of politically minded posts on a film board, ( to which I'm obviously guilty), however, this is exactly the kind of thing that Michael Moore tries to inspire with his films, (which are inherently political), and by extention, the guy who posted about his F.-911 documentary.

So sure, maybe we should keep this forum only about "filming for entertainment, not politics"...

... which by the way, is exactly what Disney was doing, for not distributing Moore's film (and got criticized for engaging in "censorship").

Sorry, I just can't help myself sometimes!

Matt Pacini