True Wireless S video needed

Kyle Fasanella

Hey guys I am looking to get a setup that would replace an S video cable with a wireless setup for monitoring. I have used setups that work wireless for s video but require power. I need a transmitter that can run off batteries or phantom power. Any wires coming off me to somewhere else are bad but a something on my body to camera would be ok. What are some of my option and how much am I looking to spend? I really need wireless with my steady cam and wires mess up to many of my shots already.

Top of the line is Canatrans. These are amazing, with many different channels to choose from. But there is a downside to it. The transmitter alone is about 4,000 US...I can't afford one of these. This unit is also not technically legal. It has the ability to use the same frequencey as FBI etc. But no one really cares. As long as you'rne not flashing the unit in front of them they won't bother you.

Second is theboxx. microwave wireless. These are also very, very good. You'll get a complete set of transmitter and receiver for about 5,200 US. Saving up for this one myself.

Other are Modulus 3000, TransVideo (sucks for film, but decent with video). Stay away from videowave and camwave. Tested them and were not impressed. In addition to that a set costs about 2,200 US.

There's also lots of cheap 2.4Ghz wireless video out there. Some of them are good, but the problem is the 2.4Ghz signal. There's a lot on there.

All these transmitters come with battery eliminators, just attach the plug yourself wish to use.