Kodak K-100 16mm camera

Michael Ryan

Hello All,

I read somewhere that the Kodak K-100 camera can use single and double perf film, is that true?

If that is true, which film works better in this camera?

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by Michael Ryan

• Premium Member

Yes, it can use both.

Which is better? Doesn't matter, its standard 16mm so it only uses the center area. Since it only has sprokets for one side, it only uses that one side to move the film and doesn't care what the other side looks like.

Since Kodak is only making single perf now, that solves your problem as well.

These can be modified for S16 by Du-All camera in NYC. http://www.duallcamera.com/

• Premium Member
Thanks, Will

Also if anyone has an opinion about this camera or has any experience with it, I would like to hear your thoughts as well.

Mike

I have a K-100 & K3. I like the build and feel of the K-100 much better, and the wind lasts like twice as long on a K-100. The problem is the lack of reflex viewing... you focus by guessing the distance and that doesn't work well for quick shots.

Even when I get the focus right, I think the lenses are quite as good as the Meteor stock K3 or other M42 mount still lenses you can get for it.

I've seen reflex lenses mounted on a K-100, I'd love to get my hands on one, I'd use that camera alot more if I could focus better.

• Premium Member
Will, I didn't know Duall offered this service. Do you know the approximate cost? Thanks.

Its not cheap, the quote I got was for $500, although he said they normally charge $650.

Probably means they have to do alot of retooling to make it work. I would pick up a K-3 and have them make it S16. The camera is about $175 on eBay and S16 mod is like $250.

The only way I would consider that mod for a K-100 is if I had a really good reflex lens for it that covered the entire S16 frame.

Guest Ian Marks
Its not cheap, the quote I got was for $500, although he said they normally charge $650.

Probably means they have to do alot of retooling to make it work. I would pick up a K-3 and have them make it S16. The camera is about $175 on eBay and S16 mod is like $250.

The only way I would consider that mod for a K-100 is if I had a really good reflex lens for it that covered the entire S16 frame.

Wow - $500 hundred seems high for a camera without reflex viewing, but I guess you're paying for their expertise and experience. Then again, the cheapest Super 16 conversions for a reflex Bolex would be at least twice that. As for a reflex finder-equipped lens, I believe the 17-85 Pan Cinors cover Super 16, although they're a pretty funky old design. I know that the finders on the Cinors have a repositionable mask which could easily be enarged to show the Super 16 frame. I've had my K100 and Pan Cinor for so long that I've forgotten exactly what I paid for them, but it wasn't much. If the Super 16 modification is is $500, that would make the K100 with Pan Cinor an interesting alternative to the Super 16 K3.