Kinor 16 CX-2M Super16 mod

Guest devolved

Guest devolved

I've just resently got a Kinor 16 24p crystal synch package. I'm wondering if it is easy to modify to super16 (i've seen a couple modifications already so I know it is possible). Also are there any adapters for different lens mounts?

I see that the film is rolled emultion out, is it normal? Will it affect the image quality?

I'm planning to use it on some music video/ commercials shoots. Is it too noisy to shoot synch sound without a blimp? I have not seen anything shot on that camera yet, but it would be nice to see some footage shot with it. Hopefully the wide lens that come with it are sharp enough, because I was a bit disapointed with my Konvas 1m lens, but you can't expect geo prism drive like lexus :)

Thanks.

=I've just resently got a Kinor 16 24p crystal synch package.

Kinor-16 SX-2M camera can have a few electrical motors, This can be 29EPSS motor with analog system of speed control and one speed 25 fps, 10EP-16 APK motor with crystal sync speed control and one speed 25 fps or 24 fps or AC motor 10EPS.

29EPSS motor can be modify on multispeed or crystal sync multispeed versions.

= I'm wondering if it is easy to modify to super16

The modification on professional Super 16 film format cannot be easy.

But, you need think, what lenses you will use. The zoom lens of Kinor-16 camera not cover Super 16 size on all range of zoom.

= Is it too noisy to shoot synch sound without a blimp?

Kinor-16 SX-2M camera, serviced, with good condition have noisy near 42 Db.

Kinor-16 camera design for shooting of footages with sinch sound recoding and have Pilot-Signal system.

But, to use of additional sound blimp will not bad idea.

=I was a bit disapointed with my Konvas 1m lens,

I think, the your problem not on quality of Konvas lenses, your camera and lenses can have bad service, or bad adjust, or position of ground glass adjust not correct.

The many famous Russian films made with Konvas cameras and you can see quality of image.

• 6 years later...
Guest Vadim Trofymenko

Do you think by filling out 2mm on one side of the gate would do the job? I know that the lens mount and viewfinder should be re-centered but you can always plan in advance your shot (guess 20% of the frame) like I did with Krasnogorsk's gate. It worked just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

If one where to get the S16 mod to the KINOR the lens would have to changed, but what I want to know is would you lose some of your focal length, like I've read that once you get S16 you cant go lower than 23mm or something like that. Would that be the case for all S16 lenses including Kinor?

• 4 weeks later...

If one where to get the S16 mod to the KINOR the lens would have to changed, but what I want to know is would you lose some of your focal length, like I've read that once you get S16 you cant go lower than 23mm or something like that. Would that be the case for all S16 lenses including Kinor?

There has been quite a lot discussed on the forums about frame coverage with different lenses for S16. The "image circle" for lenses varies. You cam literally see this image circle if you grab a lens and focus a bright image onto a piece of paper. Commonly, the image will be of less quality near the edge, so you may not get an answer just from the image circle number.

I don't think there is a simple formula for what min focal length that a 16mm zoom (for example) will cover S16. I looked hard at a Zeiss 10-100 T3.1 and found there was no easy answer, no magic number for a focal length above which it would cover S16.. The things that people selling these lenses on eBay were saying (OK above 15mm or 25mm etc, were inacurate generalizations).

You can get an answer for a specific lens. It may not be a simple answer. But it will be the same answer for all cameras with S16 format. So rumaging through old threads is a good start.