Cinematoraphy Reel

The film was shot on the varicam with a P+S tecnik pro 35 adapter and zeiss superspeed lenses. The B&W and color effect stuff was all rotoscoped in shake. Color correction was done in final cut pro and shake. Thanks for taking a look.

lyle

How did you do the short film "The Grey Woman"? Impressive work

• 4 weeks later...

WOW.

I hope you dont mind that im using some of your stills as my background on my PC.

There is something about your cinematography that just draws me in. I cant stop looking at the beauty shots in particular. All i can say is WOW. Can't look at the films yet because im at work but looking forward to checking them out at home.

Im very impressed mate.

1 question.. The girl in the subway or train staion tunnel or whatever. What did you use to get that green is it a tobaaco filter on the lens or some other filter? Or is that a white balance?

Very Nice work.

Have you done any features i would very much like to watch them if you have.

Your sense of lighting and color is really excellent.

However, I don't feel your reel does you justice. I don't think it's edited very well. I think it's a bit long and slow. I'm a DP and like staring at images for the sake of the image, but most people aren't as patient. A reel needs to be almost like a music video. It has to have pacing and rhythms. (I think this is true for films as well to some extent: images + editing = poetry). Anyhow, it's this pacing, these rhythms, that I think your powerful images lack.

You've done the hard part (acquiring great images) just fine tune the cut a bit and I think you're there.

Good work.

... My 2 cents.

Guest shnitzel3
Your sense of lighting and color is really excellent.

However, I don't feel your reel does you justice. I don't think it's edited very well. I think it's a bit long and slow. I'm a DP and like staring at images for the sake of the image, but most people aren't as patient. A reel needs to be almost like a music video. It has to have pacing and rhythms. (I think this is true for films as well to some extent: images + editing = poetry). Anyhow, it's this pacing, these rhythms, that I think your powerful images lack.

You've done the hard part (acquiring great images) just fine tune the cut a bit and I think you're there.

Good work.

... My 2 cents.

I think you are an amazing DP but ahve to agree, the reel must be edited better. Have a reel, and have selects, but you cant let scenes play out in your reel like they do in the film or video.

WOW.

I hope you dont mind that im using some of your stills as my background on my PC.

There is something about your cinematography that just draws me in. I cant stop looking at the beauty shots in particular. All i can say is WOW. Can't look at the films yet because im at work but looking forward to checking them out at home.

Im very impressed mate.

1 question.. The girl in the subway or train staion tunnel or whatever. What did you use to get that green is it a tobaaco filter on the lens or some other filter? Or is that a white balance?

Very Nice work.

Have you done any features i would very much like to watch them if you have.

Thanks for your interest. I'm flattered you want want to use one of my stills as your background. The green in the subway is simply from shooting under florescent light with tungsten film and not correcting. I haven't shot a feature yet. I have had a few opportunities but turned them down because of extreme budget constrictions, ect.

all the best,

lyle

I think you are an amazing DP but ahve to agree, the reel must be edited better. Have a reel, and have selects, but you cant let scenes play out in your reel like they do in the film or video.

I hear you both and I'm actually working on a speed reel verion right now. However, my last reel was quicker paced and shorter and I kept hearing that producers/directors wanted to see scenes play out a bit to see continuity in vision and lighting, ect. What I'm planning on next is to have a snappy 1 min commercial hook montage then have individual selections of scenes from films on my site. Thanks so much for your input guys.

All the best,

lyle

Edited by LVDP