The Murdoch VW8000 Digital Cinematography Camera

Guest Jim Murdoch

Guest Jim Murdoch

MVW8000 update!

(formerly VW8000 but there were too many domain names starting with "WV"! But it just goes to show the advantages of being a small, flexible company)

We are thrilled to announce the launch of our New Website!

In less than two weeks this has effectively brought us up to the developmental level of our nearest competitor, but of course our proposed specifications are miles ahead of their proposed specs!

Well, what can we say; he who laughs last er...er...has the last laugh...?

By the way, just to silence the skeptics, here's a picture of some "Old Country Roses" and "Val D'or" chinaware!

ocr_sml.jpg

CH007706.jpg

• Premium Member

WOW! Great website. Great camera. It's the best thing since I shot a movie on sliced bread (butter side up, of course). Wait... a camera that makes coffee and a movie made out of bread... we can open up a diner... franchise it, even. There is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! Come Toto, come.

Guest Jim Murdoch
WOW! Great website. Great camera. It's the best thing since I shot a movie on sliced bread (butter side up, of course). Wait... a camera that makes coffee and a movie made out of bread... we can open up a diner... franchise it, even. There is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! Come Toto, come.

Yawn.... we have algorithms for all that, and more!

We're looking at charcoal grill, but that's still early days on that option.

Guest Jim Murdoch
But does it play Mp3s? I don't want it unless it does

MP3s?!! Of course it plays MP3s. AND it will play 8K .wma files with algorithms to kake them sound just like 64k.

CD, minidiscs, audio casettes, VHS, Betamax, even algorithms for 8-Track!

We're even thinking of a phono preamp for turntables if there's enough room, so it will double as an MC's deck, as well a complete library of 80s techno in flash memory.

Edited by Jim Murdoch

• Premium Member

Does this mean operators will be supplied with a set of white gloves, one to hold camera while the other makes "big box, little box" actions? The camera run "beep" will also be replaced by "ooooiiiii, ooooooooiiiii" tones.?

Listen, Ive been wondering what sort of promotional gear you will be producing, along with the technical kit. Panavision make a lovely range of clothes for all ages (even baby gear) and still manage their sideline of actualy renting a few cameras here and there. Since they have cornered the kiddie market and Arri Jackets seem more in keeping with bouncer coats nowadays, have you thought of doing VW8000 teenage gear?

A selection of body piercing bolts with the VW logo

Black oversized t-shirts emblazened with phrases like "I hate you all - except my VW8000" and "the only thing breaking round a VW is my voice"

oversized chrome dogchains that have small versions of camera tools attached that serve limited purpose (see over-zealous camera assistants)

Lens wipes that double as spot cream

There is also the possibility of a stand alone CGI film charting the adventures of "Mr Clay" as he battles the forces of "The local Kitties" to turn himself into a viable product. Its pretty much hinged on the development of your oversees contacts so I will hold back on saying too much.

Guest Jim Murdoch
Does this mean operators will be supplied with a set of white gloves, one to hold camera while the other makes "big box, little box" actions? The camera run "beep" will also be replaced by "ooooiiiii, ooooooooiiiii" tones.?

Listen, Ive been wondering what sort of promotional gear you will be producing, along with the technical kit. Panavision make a lovely range of clothes for all ages (even baby gear) and still manage their sideline of actualy renting a few cameras here and there. Since they have cornered the kiddie market and Arri Jackets seem more in keeping with bouncer coats nowadays, have you thought of doing VW8000 teenage gear?

A selection of body piercing bolts with the VW logo

Black oversized t-shirts emblazened with phrases like "I hate you all - except my VW8000" and "the only thing breaking round a VW is my voice"

oversized chrome dogchains that have small versions of camera tools attached that serve limited purpose (see over-zealous camera assistants)

Lens wipes that double as spot cream

There is also the possibility of a stand alone CGI film charting the adventures of "Mr Clay" as he battles the forces of "The local Kitties" to turn himself into a viable product. Its pretty much hinged on the development of your overseas contacts so I will hold back on saying too much.

Er look, why you mind not saying any more until our personnel manager is able to contact you; I think we may have a position for you if you're interested!

You will appreciate that our projected pricing is obviously aimed at the youth market, and so we will be obviously following current market trends. For example, we are very excited about the projected range of "Skins", that is, replaceable covers like those sold for mobile phones.

Obviously promotional "merchandise" is vitally important to a project of this sort, and we remain dumbfounded by the lack of attention RED have seemingly paid to this segment. This is a very serious omission, second only to the fact that they don't actually have a working pickup sensor at this point.

We have certainly learned from the Kinetta experience; they had no effective textile-based merchandising structure, and look what happened to them!

We were looking at a range of chrome belt buckles with slogans such as "4K? No way!!!" (or "2K? No way!!" )We were looking at: "True RCB is always going to be better than that Bayer Crap", but that tends to wave the flag for our opposition too much.

• 2 weeks later...