Lens adapters

Bill Totolo

• Premium Member

Is anyone other than P+S Technik or CineMek manufacturing a lens system that will allow me to adapt manual focus lenses to the Panasonic DVX-100?

If so, I need something that is readily available in L.A. Products that are in development or on back-order aren't what I'm looking for here.

I wonder if any of the camera houses have created their own lens tube/adapter?

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
Is anyone other than P+S Technik or CineMek manufacturing a lens system that will allow me to adapt manual focus lenses to the Panasonic DVX-100?

If so, I need something that is readily available in L.A. Products that are in development or on back-order aren't what I'm looking for here.

I wonder if any of the camera houses have created their own lens tube/adapter?

Thanks.

Letus Extreme 35mm Adapter is the bomb. best adapter on the market comparable to the P&S Technik

• 7 months later...
  • Premium Member
Abel has MOVIEtube models available for sale and rent. In my book still the best system available.

Hi Mitch,

I went on the Abel Cine website to see about the Movietube and one of the things that I read was the review by the Belgian DP who loves it.

I'm curious about a couple of things. He wrote:

"You must increase the level of detail to

+3 in the camera, just in combination

with the MOVIEtube ST, otherwise the

images will be blurred."

I'm pretty sure about this but, since the HVX-200 has detail and vertical detail settings, as well as coring, he's talking about the first detail setting?

"With reference to zoom and distance, do not set metrics. Set numerical values. This way you

can set the camera values better.

You have to be fastidious in ensuring that the sharpness in our case is e.g. 95 and the zoom is

approx 83."

Okay, I know some people prefer/trust the numbers rather than the ostensible distance measurements. Also, it seems that he's saying don't go

any wider than 83 (when the zoom is set to up to 99 scale as opposed to mm.) and I can see why but what does he mean by adjusting sharpness,

in his case to 93? Maybe I'm just spacing out because I'm up late reading on here when I should have gone to sleep long ago, but I have an HVX-200

and I can't think of what else he might mean by sharpness.

Thanks.

For the detailing, that's just his personal preference. I don't consider it an absolute truth.

As for the lens settings, the way to accurately mount the MOVIEtube adapter is to zoom in until the projection of the image coming out of the MOVIEtube covers the full field of the camera. Then set focus on the video camera's lens to infinity. I like to tweak this infinity setting a bit using a decent monitor, as some of these camcorders can be a little bit off. But that's all that is necessary to set it properly. Takes just a few minutes, which is dramatically different than some of the other adapters out there (okay, ALL of the other adapters out there).

• Premium Member
For the detailing, that's just his personal preference. I don't consider it an absolute truth.

As for the lens settings, the way to accurately mount the MOVIEtube adapter is to zoom in until the projection of the image coming out of the MOVIEtube covers the full field of the camera. Then set focus on the video camera's lens to infinity. I like to tweak this infinity setting a bit using a decent monitor, as some of these camcorders can be a little bit off. But that's all that is necessary to set it properly. Takes just a few minutes, which is dramatically different than some of the other adapters out there (okay, ALL of the other adapters out there).

Excellent, thank you.