Are 11-pin fischer connection's universal?

Brian Rose

I'd like to get a speed control unit for my crystal motor. I have an Eclair NPR that runs on a Haflexx motor. It currently runs three speeds (24, 25 and 29). It does have an 11-pin fisher connecter for an external speed control unit. My question is, will all makes and models of external speed control units work with my motor, as long as they have the fisher cable? I've seen many types, but they all say for arriflex, or the likes. Would something like Clive Tobin's milliframe controller work with my motor? Thanks!

Brian Rose

I'd like to get a speed control unit for my crystal motor. I have an Eclair NPR that runs on a Haflexx motor. It currently runs three speeds (24, 25 and 29). It does have an 11-pin fisher connecter for an external speed control unit. My question is, will all makes and models of external speed control units work with my motor, as long as they have the fisher cable? I've seen many types, but they all say for arriflex, or the likes. Would something like Clive Tobin's milliframe controller work with my motor? Thanks!

Brian Rose

In my experience the Fischer connectors are standardized. Though I have not evaluated every possible piece of equipment that uses them.

Unfortunately our Milliframe Controllers are discontinued and we have none left in stock. If you find one somewhere we still do have the cables for them.

Hi,

I've look for an Haflexx motor a month ago and I've asked Visual products if the TMC works with the Haflexx fisher 11-pin connector and here's Rick's response :

"i have checked the haflexx motor with a

tobin milliframe controller, and it works

very well. the motor by itself was still

holding crystal at 70fps. the actual top

speed attainable would have to be determined

by a steadiness test of your camera (i doubt

you would get much more than 50fps out of

an npr before the image became too unstable)."

Now I have a very nice lightweight Aaton Alcan54 motor and I have the same question : Can it work with the TMC considering that it has a Hirose 4-pin connector???

What would be the speed range then ?

For the record, I have a Haflexx motor for the Eclair ACL (not very well designed, but it works...) and it does have the same connector, so I'm happy to hear a Tobin Milliframe would probably work with it too -- that was a question I had. I wonder about its top speed (reg. speeds are 24/25/30fps).

-B

Any body know, where possible to buy 11 pin fisher connectors ?

They are sold by W.W. Fischer in Switzerland. They have agents in many countries. Their catalog by the way makes very little sense at first, it is about like income tax return instructions.

You are in the Ukraine? I don't see a sales office there, but perhaps if you email the main office at mail@fischerconnectors.ch they can tell you what country to order from. If you have problems I still have about 2 male plugs and 6 chassis jacks in stock that I could sell.