Pelang 8mm on K-3??

Landis Tanaka

Yo d00ds,

I was thinking of buying a Pelang 8mm M42 lens for my K-3. but I heard there was some sort of flare problem or something? could someone explain that please? also Im gonna be shooting snow with it so does anyone know how I could get some rear glass ND filters for it or something?

thanks d00ds.

Yo d00ds,

I was thinking of buying a Pelang 8mm M42 lens for my K-3. but I heard there was some sort of flare problem or something? could someone explain that please? also Im gonna be shooting snow with it so does anyone know how I could get some rear glass ND filters for it or something?

thanks d00ds.

Go here for more info on the flaring. It's in regards to 35mm SLRs but it still applies. http://www.pauck.de/marco/photo/stuff/pele...ng_fisheye.html

Re: ND filters. You'd probably have to make a DIY matteboxe and slip something in but I've never tried it.

• Premium Member
Go here for more info on the flaring. It's in regards to 35mm SLRs but it still applies. http://www.pauck.de/marco/photo/stuff/pele...ng_fisheye.html

Re: ND filters. You'd probably have to make a DIY matteboxe and slip something in but I've never tried it.

Hi,

I guess you would have to use glass ND filters on the back instead of the blank one required to achieve infinity focus.

Stephen

That internal flare only seems to affect the edge of the field of view on 35mm, which you're not using on 16mm.

I imagine you could fix a bit of gelatin ND inside that screw-on UV filter with Blu-Tack or something.

Does anyone know where I can BUY some rear glass ND filters for it? I've heard about DIY ones but I have no idea how to do that either.

Peleng 8 mm lens have 4 rear filters:

- compensative, on lens

- UF

- Orange O-2.8x

- Green YG-1.8x

This is spceial rear filters for Peleng and other filters i don't know.

You can take any neutral density or compensative Gelatin filters, cut circle and set between rear glass of lens and rear compensaive filter.

But, Peleng lens have field distortion and you know about this.

If you need wide angle lens without big distorction, posisble useK-3 with bayonet and 12. 5 mm prime lens or

modifed 16 OPF-12-1 zoom lens 10-100 mm or with 0.75 front wide adapter 7.5-75 mm

• Premium Member

- compensative, on lens

- UF

- Orange O-2.8x

- Green YG-1.8x

I've been looking for an 85 filter for my Peleng and my 16mm lens as well; both with that back end screw in filter. Anyone run across something like this?

• Premium Member

- compensative, on lens

- UF

- Orange O-2.8x

- Green YG-1.8x

This is spceial rear filters for Peleng and other filters i don't know.

You can take any neutral density or compensative Gelatin filters, cut circle and set between rear glass of lens and rear compensaive filter.

Just be aware that any gelatin filters you put behind the lens will change the backfocus distance by (if I remember right) half the thickness of the filter. Eye focusing will work fine but the distance marks on the barrel would be out of alignment.

• Premium Member
Where can I buy a Pelang lens for a good price?

They come up new on ebay quite often, or kievcamera sells them. Just goggle them and you'll find the exat url.