DIRECTORS / CINEMATOGRAPHERS - I NEED YOUR HELP!

Hello all!

Im a student studying my final year of my degree in media, and have been set an assignment to do an industry case study!

I need to know the route I need to take to get a job as a director or cinematographer!

Please, Please, Please, could any directors or cinematographers out there help me out, what I need is how you got to where you are now, and in as much detail as you can, though anything would be good.

I would be ever so grateful and your help will go a long way to helping me achieve the grade I want.

Many many thanks in advance,

Paul Jackson

Paul,

Don't post the same message in more then one area of this forum.

Don't capitalize the title of your post.

Read through the archives of this forum. It goes back to 1998 and there's lots of info in existing message threads that will help you along your way.

Read the Forum Guidelines too. http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...?act=boardrules

• Premium Member
Hello all!

Im a student studying my final year of my degree in media, and have been set an assignment to do an industry case study!

I need to know the route I need to take to get a job as a director or cinematographer!

Make a movie. Make a commercial. Make a music video. You're not going to talk your way in.

well its always best to start from the ground up. I started doing PA work here in San Antonio and every chance I got I would help out the GRIPS and ask tons of questions. After afew years of seeing and working with the same crew they started letting me do afew set ups here and there. Finally I started getting hired as a Grip...always have the attitude of learning...still learning to this day.