Interchangeable Lenses - Ps Technik, Pro35, mount converters etc.

Guest Kal Karman

Guest kalkarman

Hello, I have a JVC HD100 (love it more every day)...

I would like to take the next step and put 35mm or 16mm lenses on it. As I understand it, my only

option is to rent/buy a converter like the PS Technik or Pro35. As I'd like to own my own equipment,

the price for these items are unfortunately out of reach.

Do you know any *smarter* way to get different lens on our 1/3 inch mount??

On the JVC accesory page, there are the 2/3 and 1/2 mount converters to buy, but are these only

for traditional TV lenses (betacam etc. etc.)??

I'm hoping someone out there has some sly advice to bypass PS Technik or Pro35 adaptors.

Thanks in advance,

Kal Karman

(P.S. if anyone would like to see a music video completed with the JVC HD100, and normal factory lenses,

you can check out one I just completed at: http://www.kalkarman.com/video/subodore.html)

• Premium Member
Hello, I have a JVC HD100 (love it more every day)...

(P.S. if anyone would like to see a music video completed with the JVC HD100, and normal factory lenses,

you can check out one I just completed at: http://www.kalkarman.com/video/subodore.html)

... I tried the link but it wouldn't open...

Rupe Whiteman

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kalkarman

The Cinemek and redrock micro seem to both be systems that attache *in front* of the existing fuji lens that comes with the camera.

I don't want to shoot through all that glass... and i find our fuji lens to be really green in general...

Other than the PS Technik, is there any system that mounts directly to the JVC camera body (the 1/3" lens mount)?

O better still, any simple 1/3" to PL rings out there?

Thanks,

Kal

If you want to bypass the stock lens, the P+S Mini35 is the only quality alternative so far.

About PL to 1/3", I think JVC is coming out with an adapter for the HD100 that will allow 16mm lenses to be used. I think it's a PL.