Bell & Howell Camera-70-DA ??????

C R Dearth

I have recently acquired a Bell & Howell 70-DA. I know absolutely nothing about cinematography, or this camera. Someone told me it was an odl 16mm camera, that is why I am posting it in here. I can tell you it seems to be in great shape, knowing that the person I acquired this from used this maybe only a few times. The serial number is 652023. It is in the original case, w/ a few little pointer cards (I guess tips on using it), and the strap which I don't think has ever been removed from the case. My question is how I can go about finding out what this is worth, if anything, and how to go about getting rid of it. I have no desire for it, and would hate for something this old to be stuffed away in the attic for years to come. Thanks you in advance.

Here are a few pictures of it:

BellHowell1.jpg

BellHowell2.jpg

BellHowell3.jpg

BellHowell4.jpg

I have recently acquired a Bell & Howell 70-DA. I know absolutely nothing about cinematography, or this camera. Someone told me it was an odl 16mm camera, that is why I am posting it in here. I can tell you it seems to be in great shape, knowing that the person I acquired this from used this maybe only a few times. The serial number is 652023. It is in the original case, w/ a few little pointer cards (I guess tips on using it), and the strap which I don't think has ever been removed from the case. My question is how I can go about finding out what this is worth, if anything, and how to go about getting rid of it. I have no desire for it, and would hate for something this old to be stuffed away in the attic for years to come. Thanks you in advance.

Here are a few pictures of it:

BellHowell1.jpg

BellHowell2.jpg

BellHowell3.jpg

BellHowell4.jpg

(B) YOURS IS A BEAUTIFUL EXAMPLE OF A BELL & HOWELL 70 DA. MY GUESS IS THAT IT'S WORTH $100 to $200. THERE IS AN EXCELLENT WEBSITE DEVOTED EXCLUSIVELY TO B & H FILMO 70 CAMERAS. LOOK UP "B_H FILMO 70 UNDER YAHOO GROUPS. NICE CAMERA!

• Premium Member

(B) YOURS IS A BEAUTIFUL EXAMPLE OF A BELL & HOWELL 70 DA. MY GUESS IS THAT IT'S WORTH $100 to $200. THERE IS AN EXCELLENT WEBSITE DEVOTED EXCLUSIVELY TO B & H FILMO 70 CAMERAS. LOOK UP "B_H FILMO 70 UNDER YAHOO GROUPS. NICE CAMERA!

Let me add my agreemnet, many of the filmos are quite beet up looking, (including mine :) ) that looks quite clean and nice., The older ones do require Duble perf film, but that may be on the cusp . The adjestable finding is always interesting as it does not need to have a set of rare expensive finder lenes matching the lenses you are using.