No light movies at night

thanks will check that out.

I am looking for like desert wood type f scenes and car scenes.

No my problem is that we are doing a chase which starts with cars and then the go on foot. The foot part is in control with backlight moonlight but the car part is complicated because of resources.SO I wan to play it really dark becasue hard to light big streches of land for a car chase. I thought of going no moon light for the cars and only moonlight for the foot chase...but well any opinions?

How does anyone feel about always backlight moonlight no matter the angle? I done it and seen it and works for me but wanted to hear other people toughts.

Thanks

Miguel

thanks will check that out.

I am looking for like desert wood type f scenes and car scenes.

No my problem is that we are doing a chase which starts with cars and then the go on foot. The foot part is in control with backlight moonlight but the car part is complicated because of resources.SO I wan to play it really dark becasue hard to light big streches of land for a car chase. I thought of going no moon light for the cars and only moonlight for the foot chase...but well any opinions?

How does anyone feel about always backlight moonlight no matter the angle? I done it and seen it and works for me but wanted to hear other people toughts.

Thanks

Miguel

It's a really long time since I've seen it, but I seem to remember that "Near Dark" (Dir: K. Bigelow, DP: Adam Greenberg) was a really darkish shot film. And even better, it has lots of cars and open highways in it.

A small point,

It seems that since the scene is continuous through story time, that having no moonlight to begin with, and then once they are out of the car, suddenly switching to a moonlit look might be distracting. Depends on how heavy the moonlit effect is once they are on foot, if it is not garrish then it should work fine, but if it is too strong, it could be very noticeable. You say you are going to shoot it very dark though, so i guess that means the moonlit effect won't be too strong....but just something to think about a bit.

Good luck

Steve