DVX100A Accessories

danielvilar

Dear Friends...

I just bought a DVX100A and I am looking for a mattebox to use 4x4 filters on it...

I worked recently with a few rented cameras that came either with the century mattebox and the chrosziel and can´t say I was really satisfied with none of them... Is there anything else in the market I could try?

Also... has anyone tried any Extender to make it a longer lens? How was the quality? And what about the Aspheron to make it wider... any reccomendations?

Thanks for any help,

Daniel

• Premium Member

I've recently downsized my gear from having a Sony DSR570 Camcorder with Lenses etc to becoming the owner of a new DVx100 Camera and have the following extra's that all work really well as a system. In my humble opinion, with the set-up below and shooting 25P it blows away the DSR570 images regardless of the chip size difffrence.

Chroszeil Light weight Bars System

Chroszeil DV Follow Focus

Vocas 350 Matte Box with Bars Support

P&S Technik mini35mm Adaptor

Arri Varaible Prime Lenses (VP2 & VP3)

The vocas works really well with the DVX100 lens. It's not the cheapest but isn't the most expensive either. It offers up 4 trays to take filters. 2x 4.5x4.5's and 2 4x4's, has built in eyebrows for flagging. The only downside to using the system complete with F/F and Matte Box is that it does become very front heavy. If your doing alot of hand held stuff I'd invest in a cheap monopod to give your arms a break once in a while.

I believe Vocas do a range of Matte boxs it's just that the 350 is particularly good with wide angle lenses.

The problem you may have is that the alternative DVX100 matte box you choose may show up in the image when you use wide angle lens attachments. A couple of people have posted on DV forums that the Century Optics matte box is not usable with either the .7x or .6x wide angle attachments. I use the Chrosziel system (with rods) and the .7x wide angle lens, and haven't had any problems. Also, I haven't found it to be very heavy.