Super 16 BL camera for sale

Bruce McNaughton

I have a beautiful BL with a Zeiss 10-100mm zoom, two 400 ft. magazines, Jensen controlled crystal motor (synch and variable speed) and original road/flight case.

This beauty has been carefully converted to super 16 by my company The Aranda Group, Melbourne Australia.

I am asking $USD4000. This represents a big saving on the price of a comparable camera plus the conversion cost.

Email contact is bruce@arandafilm.com.au

Telephone contact is [+613] 5964 4066

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Leon

Thanks for the question..Many people ask me this because for some reason the BL is considered to be impossible to convert to super 16. One of the U.S.conversion houses put it in print and it seems to have been accepted as fact.

No one in the U.S does the conversion that I know of...

We actually convert cameras that other conversion houses send on to us. Sure it is a tricky operation but we have done many of these now, along with all other makes of 16mm camera. We also do 2/3 perf conversions to any 35mm machines.

Regards

Bruce

...and the 10-100 vignettes at the wide end, correct? I assume the 10mm end doesn't cover super-16?

(and Leon- it's nice to see someone else on this board who likes the 16 BL! I sold mine several years ago, thinking it couldn't be converted...I thought it was a great camera though, despite the whole blimp thing. It never scratched film and NEVER had a hair in the gate, and much steadier registration than most SRs I've ever used!)

Dear Nitin

I am about to announce that this super 16 camera is sold... just not quite sure how to do this on this forum... can't find a 'sold' button. Settlement should be any day so I am holding off until the deal is done,

BUT... I am converting another one as we speak so I might leave to ad as is to cover the new camera

Dear Patrick

Yes the Zeiss vignettes from 10-13mm. All of our clients go with this and enlarge the wide scenes slightly on telecine (or on the Oxberry if they are blowing up to 35mm) This saves buying or renting super 16 lenses. These babies are expensive (to buy)

Interestingly, a 12-120 Angenieux vignettes so little (on infinity) that you can get by without any enlargement. But let's not start that argument about which is the better lens...

Bruce

• Premium Member

Bruce,

Glad you got it sold. I saw the guy who won it on ebay backed out of the deal. I see he is now the highest bidder on the SRII that is listed above. Some people should be banned from bidding.

It must be quite a feat to convert the BL to Super 16. Would love to see how you do it. Used to run a machine shop but never had the opportunity to work on any cameras.

-Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Marcel

Yes we convert the Konvas and the Kinor to 2/3 perf. Most European owners go for 2 perf.

The Konvas is more difficult, having a common drive shaft for claw and magazines. Our conversion price is $USD5,000. The Kinor is a more straight forward operation, $4,200

Regards

Bruce