Konvas 18EP 16APK Motor mystery

Jonathan Brough

I recently purchased a Konvas 7M from a nice bloke called Sergei while I was shooting a documentary in Vladivostok. It hasn't been used for 10 years but looks like it will go OK. It has a 18EP-16APK motor and controller that I can't seem to find any info on - it looks like a 17 motor but with an external controller. Does anyone have any info on how I can get it going? A manual? Circuit diagrams? I can get Russian texts translated if need be - any help would be great.

I recently purchased a Konvas 7M from a nice bloke called Sergei while I was shooting a documentary in Vladivostok. It hasn't been used for 10 years but looks like it will go OK. It has a 18EP-16APK motor and controller that I can't seem to find any info on - it looks like a 17 motor but with an external controller. Does anyone have any info on how I can get it going? A manual? Circuit diagrams? I can get Russian texts translated if need be - any help would be great.

You can visit on my site and check infformation about electrical motors of Konvas cameras.

18EP-16APK motor have different speed control electronics and other style of electronics from 17EP-16 APK motor.

If you send me letter on olex@a-teleport.com, i can send you more technical ifnormation.

I have experience repair of 18Ep-16 APK motor.

This is motor have crystal sync speed 24 fps, 25 fps, and variable speeds ( not crystal sync ) up to 32 fps.

The motor use 12 v battery for speeds up to 25 fps and additional 12+ 3 v battery for speed up to 32 fps,

Have a few modules : crystal sync module, varuable speed module, battery control module, battery.

But, you need study of user manual up to connect battery, because, the conenct battery with reversal polarity distroy electronics.

Thanks so much Olex - I'll send an email in the next day or so.

You can visit on my site and check infformation about electrical motors of Konvas cameras.

18EP-16APK motor have different speed control electronics and other style of electronics from 17EP-16 APK motor.

If you send me letter on olex@a-teleport.com, i can send you more technical ifnormation.

I have experience repair of 18Ep-16 APK motor.

This is motor have crystal sync speed 24 fps, 25 fps, and variable speeds ( not crystal sync ) up to 32 fps.

The motor use 12 v battery for speeds up to 25 fps and additional 12+ 3 v battery for speed up to 32 fps,

Have a few modules : crystal sync module, varuable speed module, battery control module, battery.

But, you need study of user manual up to connect battery, because, the conenct battery with reversal polarity distroy electronics.