Just got hired!!

Hi, my name is Saba Mazloum, and i just got hired as a camera assitant in Taipei Taiwan.

Most of the camera we are using are F900s, so i was wondering if any 1 out there could give me some tips on how to work on these cameras. Thhanks..

• Premium Member
Hi, my name is Saba Mazloum, and i just got hired as a camera assitant in Taipei Taiwan.

Most of the camera we are using are F900s, so i was wondering if any 1 out there could give me some tips on how to work on these cameras. Thhanks..

Will there be an HD engineer on set?

• Premium Member
i massivly dout it, cuz their asking me to help with the english menu..

Then the first thing you need to do is find out exactly how much you're expected to know about working with this camera. Doing the lens changes, et cetera is easy enough. If you're expected to come up with custom matrices and elaborate color schemes in-camera like an engineer could, you need to tell someone you don't know how...unless you know how. There is soooooooo much variable stuff in those menus that there really should be an HD engineer on set.

You should at least read the manual a bit and know how to default everything on the camera so do display things, that kind of stuff.

Then the first thing you need to do is find out exactly how much you're expected to know about working with this camera. Doing the lens changes, et cetera is easy enough. If you're expected to come up with custom matrices and elaborate color schemes in-camera like an engineer could, you need to tell someone you don't know how...unless you know how. There is soooooooo much variable stuff in those menus that there really should be an HD engineer on set.

You should at least read the manual a bit and know how to default everything on the camera so do display things, that kind of stuff.

Paul Wheeler has also written some good books specifically going over a lot of this in detail. For the F900, I'd particularly recommend (if there's still time) getting a hold of High Definition and 24p Cinematography. Good luck!