Digital S8

ken wood

I received this e-mailo from a JP at Aaton,

Hello John,

a professional camera such as the one described by David(Mullen)

(15,000 to 20,000USD) would be ideal

but it would be too expensive for Super8 afficionados...

contact the ikonoskop guys instead, their A-Cam is better suited.

http://www.ikonoskop.com/

Thats about the same cost as an A-Minima camera, but half the cost of shooting on it. Here are some ideal pro situations if the format were reinvented with a new camera and all available stocks... concerts, travel shows/documataries, wildlife (take one to the Congo!) Indi features, music videos, experimantal film making, all types of sporting events... If you had such a camera with the features in my Nizo 481, that shot solid registered films like 7201, 05, 12, 17 & 18 plus the reversals... the advatages of creativity and quality and low cost compared to S16 would put any DV format to shame. single frame, shutterless, 80 fps, and all the other in camera tools we are used to... that are totally absent from DV or just suck on DV... 15K, put me down for one, I'll finance it and start a visual media revolution. will have it paid off in 6 months. there's my pipe dream in a nut shell... now back to the telibox so I can watch stupid people try to amuse me with reality drama at a constant 29.97.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats about the same cost as an A-Minima camera, but half the cost of shooting on it. Here are some ideal pro situations if the format were reinvented with a new camera and all available stocks... concerts, travel shows/documataries, wildlife (take one to the Congo!) Indi features, music videos, experimantal film making, all types of sporting events... If you had such a camera with the features in my Nizo 481, that shot solid registered films like 7201, 05, 12, 17 & 18 plus the reversals... the advatages of creativity and quality and low cost compared to S16 would put any DV format to shame. single frame, shutterless, 80 fps, and all the other in camera tools we are used to... that are totally absent from DV or just suck on DV... 15K, put me down for one, I'll finance it and start a visual media revolution. will have it paid off in 6 months. there's my pipe dream in a nut shell... now back to the telibox so I can watch stupid people try to amuse me with reality drama at a constant 29.97.