Help! We just got scr**ed!!!

bragis chut

"Yeah, real bad. When you turn 18 leave that Beavis & Butthead humour in the toilet where it comes from."

You should hear me and my crew deep into a long day, you would not be the first person we have scared away ;)

He he, good point. On my next shoot I'm setting up a "swear box" 25 cents for each offence. By the end of the shoot I figure a typical film crew will pay off the national debt of Peru.

R,

• Premium Member
He he, good point. On my next shoot I'm setting up a "swear box" 25 cents for each offence. By the end of the shoot I figure a typical film crew will pay off the national debt of Peru.

R,

Richard,

So the crew will finance your film in full! Very clever so you will be in profit when you sell that BL2.

Stephen

Sell my beloved BL2? Well only if I make so much money I can afford some thing brand new from Arri, and I doubt that will ever happen :)

R,

We we're prepping to shoot a 35mm short film, starting on July 6TH and our DP just casually called up to announce that she was bailing on us for a feature . I'm not gonna get into the whole ethics of this, but it certainly leaves us high and dry.

I'm going through the same headaches, but we start shooting a day earlier and we've lost our lead actress. That's in three days...not a lot of time at all. We're not panicked though - instead we're combative. It's like a war, and not making the film is the enemy.

At least you've lost her before shooting actually starts. Having an actor leave half way through is much tougher.

I always have at least one other person on stand by for every key cast and crew position. Plus a list of people handy on set I can call in an emergency.

But once shooting starts having people drop out of the crew is very tough, and next to impossible to over come in the middle of shooting if they are a cast member. All you can do then is start over.

R,

I'm going through the same headaches, but we start shooting a day earlier and we've lost our lead actress. That's in three days...not a lot of time at all. We're not panicked though - instead we're combative. It's like a war, and not making the film is the enemy.

What kind of actress does the role call for? I have worked with some very talented actresses and might know someone right for the part. If you can describe the role, i might be able to help.

• Premium Member

David,

That's tough. What part of the country are you in? Still have lots of talent connections back in Chicago. But if I remember correctly, you are in the LA area. If you're shooting in the midwest, let me know.

-Tim

I'm shooting in LA. The part is for the lead, Sarah, 20's, caucasian, preferably dark hair, and the taller the better.

It will be 16mm, 25 minutes long, 6-day shoot (starting the 5th, with one or two skipped days along that following week) and unpaid, with copy, meals, and credit. It's a drama/gangster film - in a very small nutshell, Sarah's family is destroying itself with organized crime while she tries in vain to save it. We're on the other side of a revenge story - the revenge is being exacted on the protagonist family. Our goal is festivals with this one.

Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it!

-Dave