ARRI 16S Body

Matthew Buick

• Premium Member
I promise, unless someone says '' touch my camera or I'll tear you're head off '', can you recommend any good ones.

"Cinematography: Third Edition" by Kris Malkiewicz, M. David Mullen. That would be David Mullen ASC. A great book.

And since you are interested in buying a 16mm camera, I would also recommend "The 16mm Camera Book" by Douglas Underdahl

They're both available through Amazon.

-Tim

"Cinematography: Third Edition" by Kris Malkiewicz, M. David Mullen. That would be David Mullen ASC. A great book.

And since you are interested in buying a 16mm camera, I would also recommend "The 16mm Camera Book" by Douglas Underdahl

They're both available through Amazon.

-Tim

I second that, its probably one of the best books around.

Matthew, have you noticed that the majority of your posts are financially related? This is a cinematography forum, not a bazaar. A camera costs a lot, some cost a heckuva lot. Books cost less, except when they cost more.

Go buy the Malkiewicz book, it's probably around $50. It's been standard reading in film schools for decades, so if you wanna be a cinematographer it's got the answers for questions you need to be asking.

Matthew, have you noticed that the majority of your posts are financially related? This is a cinematography forum, not a bazaar. A camera costs a lot, some cost a heckuva lot. Books cost less, except when they cost more.

Go buy the Malkiewicz book, it's probably around $50. It's been standard reading in film schools for decades, so if you wanna be a cinematographer it's got the answers for questions you need to be asking.

OK, I'll lay off cost questions and start reading the forums that everyone else reads, find out as much as I can with the SEARCH ENGINE, that David Mullen suggested, and I'll buy a big fat book.

Sorry for being annoying :(