Adobe Production Studio or Final cut pro

Daniel Nemchek

Which one is better, I'm looking for something good and cheap (like adobe), but if fcp is REALLY that much better I'd shell out the extra cash. Looking to do some green screening, and other minor special effects.

Keep in mind, I'd like to use it on a laptop (mac)

If you have a PC then go for Adobe. If you have a Mac go for Final Cut. If money is an issue, both have "Express" versions.

And either way, look at third-party plug-ins for the greenscreening task. Almost all have demo versions (with watermark) that allow you to try out each tool to see which works best with your footage.

Theo

Bozeman, MT

Before making an investment I would recommend trying out both software packages. I would go with the software package that fits your needs. I know Final Cut Express only allows one to edit in DV or HDV compression. I imagine you will need a package that works with uncompressed codecs if you are doing some keying and VFX work. I personaly prefer the Final Cut Studio, but thats becuase I have the Mac hardware and have spent years learning the software package. Best of luck!