Fomapan 16mm Processing

Can anyone recommend a good lab in the US or Canada that can handle Fomapan B&W well?

I was under the impression that certain unique steps we required to properly process this stock.

You can processing FOMAPAN films and other films at home inside spiral processing tanks too.

Several labs can successfully process Fomapan, but some labs that thought they could process it in the new Kodak reversal process got suprised and came back with ruined film. "Rumor has it" that Fomapan doesn't work well with the bleach in the new Kodak process.

Before you send off anything important on Fomapan to a lab, make very sure the lab understands that you are expecting them to process Fomapan film, which may require a separate processing machine & chemical kit than Kodak films.

• Premium Member
"Rumor has it" that Fomapan doesn't work well with the bleach in the new Kodak process.

I don't doubt that. I like to shoot 100 speed fomapan for 4x5 and 5x7 stills. The emulsion is extremely soft. You can easily scratch it off of the base with your fingernail before the hardening/fixer bath.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just turned in some Fomapan 16mm B&W reversal to my local lab here in Berlin (andec-film) and they said they have

issues with fomapan. Apparently white spots appear quite often. Has anyone heard of this problem before?

I just turned in some Fomapan 16mm B&W reversal to my local lab here in Berlin (andec-film) and they said they have

issues with fomapan. Apparently white spots appear quite often. Has anyone heard of this problem before?

I develop fomapan myself with Lomo tanks. The white dots is due to a hot developer. If your developer is high than 20-22 º C you can have problems like white dots. I saw foma developed by Anced with the same problem.