Can someone give me some advice on this lense?

lense.jpg

It's from a Sony DXC-3000 - it's a Fuji zoom 10-120 - does anyone know what kind of mount that is?

I'm interested in selling the lense or the whole camera with the lense - any idea what it might be worth - or if anyone would need it - ie what kind of camera could it mount on to apart fromt he dxc 3000

thanks

Scot

• Premium Member

One of those is a "lens" not a "lense."

I'm quite sure that is a standard mount for professional video cameras. It would at least fit about any Sony camera. As for worth, check somewhere like visual products or check out ebay prices on similar items.

Guest ReadyTeddy

You actually have the answer in front of you in the picture.

See the Fujinon FAQs on broadcast lenses:

http://www.fujinonbroadcast.com/cgi-bin/faq.cgi?idFaq=6

I can't read the codes because you are holding the lens upside down in the shot with the information...

I think it's a SONY B4 and should fit a variety of 2/3rd inch chip cameras.

Hi guys thank you all for your advice - btw the code is A12x10BRM-88 - which I checked out on that link.

So anyway do you think there would be a demand for it on eBay? I'd either sell the lense by itself, or with the Sony DXC-3000 it came with. The whole camera plus the case is quite heavy so shipping might be a problem for people overseas hence selling just the lense might be more appealing. Any ideas on this?

As far the spelling - that depends entirely where you're from! :)

thanks

Scot

• Premium Member

I didn't realize that. Apologies. I guess my TA jobs at school have me too used to correcting that one :)

Webster himself actually kind of hijacked the English language because of nationalism. In his own dictionary, he changed a ton of words so that American English would be distinct from European English. Hence we have "color" instead of "colour" and many others. Didn't know "lense" was one of them, but I'm guessing that's the reason...not that it's pertinent to the present conversation...carry on...

• Premium Member
Webster himself actually kind of hijacked the English language because of nationalism. In his own dictionary, he changed a ton of words so that American English would be distinct from European English. Hence we have "color" instead of "colour" and many others. Didn't know "lense" was one of them, but I'm guessing that's the reason...not that it's pertinent to the present conversation...carry on...

That bastard. English has enough grammatical oddities that it doesn't need multiple correct spellings of things, too. :angry: