dedolight 150 what do you think

• Premium Member
what do you think abut dedo 150 ?? for shot at 100 asa film in a room is a bit low?? ....i m searching a very spotted light with clean beam.....but 150 for me is very low...do you ever tried ?

thanks

Hi,

Spotted its very bright, the latest aspheric version brighter still ! How big an area do you need to light? Many times brighter than a normal 150.

Stephen

Try to get a Source 4 spot instead. The beam is focusable and cuttable and has an iris internally - much better for defined spot work (which, incidentally - as I found out recently - is very hard to get right).

the source 4s are great for that - they are also 575wats usually so they pack more of a punch. If you want to actually see the beam of light, try to get a hazer so that there are enough particles in the air to catch the light.

• Premium Member

The Dedo 150 (DLH4) is great, but you may want to go with the Dedo 650, or the 400 HMI. I haven't tried the two bigger lights and I just recently bought a Dedo kit and I really love it. The beam is very clean and focused, but yes, it is a hard light. You would likely have to put it very near the talent. There is the Dedo Cool, which is designed to be used when shooting microscopic images or other things where the light is very close to the subject. Heat shield is also handy.

Check out Dedolight's website for photometrics, etc. Download the catalog PDF