Buying new camera, advice needed

My (small) production company that I Co-own is looking into buying a new MiniDV camera to do weddings and the like. Now, for the time being the budget pretty much is around $2500 max. I have been looking at a GL2 because I curently own a Canon. Would this be a good purchase for Weddings and small production jobs or would I be better off getting something like a Optura Xi (or two) and saving up for a better camera?

I am not held down to any brand, I just have heard many good things about the GL2 but alsoalot of people saying "save up for something else" Alladvice is appreciated. Thanks, Jack

Edited by Jack Guthrey

Though I am no professional, but I have worked with the cannon gl2 many times in my film class, and its a very nice camra but for what you are doing if you could up your budget to 3000 you could get a nice sony high def camra like the 1080i hdr-fx1 seen here: http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/Sony-...V-Camcorder.htm, then you can advertise you self as an HD videographer and that will make it easier to get jobs and you can up your price.

if you cant up your price at all then the gl2 is a good buy but I personally like the xl1 a bit better its cheaper than the gl2 and I personally think that the picture quality is better.

good luck.

Edited by grahamcracker