zeiss super16 11,5-115mm (mount+mk1 or 2?)

daniel mahlknecht

Hi,

sorry for posting another question on an ebay lens, but I have a project for my aaton LTR7 and need to buy a decent standard zoom.

This Zeiss 11,5-115 T lens is now listed on ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...A%3AIT&rd=1

the seller unfortunately is not able to fully answer my questions but maybe someone can tell from the pictures that are quiet good.

first, is this an MK2 or MK1 lens?

what t-stop has it (I haven't understood yet what the T-stop really is, is it the effective f-stop at 115mm?)

is this an PL-mount adapter mounted over an arri B-mount (if not I have to modyfie the lens as I have an AATON mount + an adapter to ARRI B-mount lenses)

Do adapters to AATON-mount for PL-mounted lenses exist?

thanks

daniel

P.s. the 0 feedback listing is a little scary, but the seller answered to emals sent through answer function on ebay.

hi,

thank you, sounds interesting.

Some questions, ist on you lens a arri b-mount undernetah the PL-mount? I'm quiet sure that on the other lens is.

Is your lens T coated? Is it an MK1 or MK2

The mount question is important because if I should buy the lens, I won't probably have the time to have it converted as my project starts at the end of august.

regards and thanks

daniel

My lens is Arri PL-mount ....not B mount.

also..not T coated.

I think that my lens is the older verson...not MKII or MKI

Take a look at this site for more detail.. :D

http://www.cinematechnic.com/super_16mm/Su...Conversion.html

I sell this lens coz i got an another super 16mm zoom, zeiss 12-120 T2.4 MKII from london, UK :D

hi,

thank you, sounds interesting.

Some questions, ist on you lens a arri b-mount undernetah the PL-mount? I'm quiet sure that on the other lens is.

Is your lens T coated? Is it an MK1 or MK2

The mount question is important because if I should buy the lens, I won't probably have the time to have it converted as my project starts at the end of august.

regards and thanks

daniel

My lens is Arri PL-mount ....not B mount.

also..not T coated.

I think that my lens is the older verson...not MKII or MKI

Take a look at this site for more detail.. :D

http://www.cinematechnic.com/super_16mm/Su...Conversion.html

I sell this lens coz i got an another super 16mm zoom, zeiss 12-120 T2.4 MKII from london, UK :D

This lens is the 10:1 T3. It's the 10:1 T2 that has a MkI and MkII version. The T2 converts to Super 16 as a 12-120mm, while the T3 converts as an 11.5-115mm. Be careful though as the T3 version has a question mark as to its performance in Super 16. Optex would not convert them as they said they weren't upto the job I think. I think for Super 16 shooting the T2 is far superior, and best of all the purpoise-built 11-110mm T2 Super 16 lens, but these are rarer and expensive. Hope this helps.