k40 and ds-8 k25 your last chance!

A.Oliver

Hi, i have just ordered some super 8 k40 from Retro Enterprises in Japan, i believe k40 stocks were very low. Also found that double super 8 (process paid) k25 is listed, so i assume he has stocks. Dust off those bolex conversions, order a roll ( if available ) of k25, savour image quality soon to be confined to the history books.

Guest shutter bug
Hi, i have just ordered some super 8 k40 from Retro Enterprises in Japan, i believe k40 stocks were very low. Also found that double super 8 (process paid) k25 is listed, so i assume he has stocks. Dust off those bolex conversions, order a roll ( if available ) of k25, savour image quality soon to be confined to the history books.

i wasnt ds8 negative but at the moment its just too damn expensive, mabye witter will knock some out at a good price.then ill be converting an acl over....

Hi, same here, purchased 3 canon ds8 in all, apart from canons the crap lens all yeilded slightly unstable images, my leicina special/canon 814xls and beaulieus are steadier. Now use a bolex, stunning images but the image is still not as steady as the leicina.

Guest shutter bug
Hi, same here, purchased 3 canon ds8 in all, apart from canons the crap lens all yeilded slightly unstable images, my leicina special/canon 814xls and beaulieus are steadier. Now use a bolex, stunning images but the image is still not as steady as the leicina.

you found the canon ds8 lens to be crap?

as for the cameras, i have to ask...were any of them ever serviced before use? most people dont.i have a pathe being serviced.ill let you know how it goes.

you found the canon ds8 lens to be crap?

as for the cameras, i have to ask...were any of them ever serviced before use? most people dont.i have a pathe being serviced.ill let you know how it goes.

Hi, none of my late canon ds8 were serviced. After purchasing the third, then seeing k25 and k40 images thru the lens i gave up with the canon. You have to remeber the canon zoom lens dates from the 1960s, neither the colour saturation or contrast were in the same league as the 814/1014xls glass. i found the full potentional of ds8 was only obtained via a bolex with switar primes.

BTW, been in contact with Retro Enterprises, all k25 was sold out 4 days ago.