Leicina Super RT 1 vs Leicina Special

Kent Balas

Hi there,

Just wondering the differences between the above 2 camera's. I've bought a leicina super RT1 off ebay quite cheaply (I think!, 70 euro) and was wondering what the differences are. I want to setup the camera with a nice Angenieux zoom lens. Will this be possible and what lens do you recommend.

Something like the camera below is my vision.

Cheers

Kent Balas

post-14175-1155498553.jpg

Hi, leicina super rt has a fixed inbuilt lens 8-64? which is an angenieux lens it cannot be changed . Leicina special has interchangeable lenses. The special has a leica m-bayonet mount, meaning you can use almost any lens from the leica m system. Standard lenses that came with the special was a schneider 6-66 zoom plus a 10mm prime lens known as a macro cinegon. Its been said the 10mm cinegon was (at that time ) the most corrected lens ever made for the super 8 format. Images from the 10mm are stunning. Its often been said the schneider 6-66 zoom is the best zoom ever made for the super 8 format, though the angenieux 6-80 fitted to the beaulieu is a close 2nd (imo). Another difference is, on the special there is inbuilt, switchable 3 focussing screens. Also theirs something regarding the gate being narrower than any other camera, this gives very steady images, probably the steadiest image obtainable in the super 8 format.

• Like 1

• 16 years later...