Please don't remove my account

John Hawkinson

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I've added a signature. Now I should be free to dispense knowledge for as long as I'm alive.

Question Tim: How will you know if people are using their real name? I mean a handle is easy to spot, but some one can create an account using a false name that sounds real like, "Ralph Goodale."

The only real way around it is to make people register with a credit card so you can at least verify their name. Plus that will help cut down on the number of teens floating around here.

Guest Carlos Ebert
Yeah. Account deletion would be a bad thing. :(

I think my problem is lack of signature. I hope it's OK now.

Cheers

Carlos Ebert

Question Tim: How will you know if people are using their real name? I mean a handle is easy to spot, but some one can create an account using a false name that sounds real like, "Ralph Goodale."

You're right. This has been discussed in detail here, I think about six months ago.

If we find out somebody's using a faux name, their account will be deleted immediately.

Tim, this is your forum and you can do what you want to. I feel I have done my best to contribute to the exchange here. I have posted information to help everyone who is a filmmaker. I have offered critique and shared my expirence. I have also had some intense disagreements that have resulted in harsh words and ruffeled feathers. Because of this, I feel I can't be honest with my opinions or feelings due to the fact that Hollywood is a small community. Should I have an opinion that rubs someone the wrong way as my opinion about Al Jazerra and the Iraq war did David Mullens, for example, then there is always the possibility that that can translate into real world consequences. Suppose I wanted to hire or get a job on David's crew, but because of some opinion of mine he read on this forum, he atomatically assumes I'm a jerk, he turns down the job or hires someone else, see what I mean. I use David only as an example but it could be anyone here. This is a forum of professionals and I'm not willing to wreak my reputation over some off handed remark I made on the internet so I will be censoring my comments and opinions anytime any controvesial subject arrises. If that's what you want, a forum where everything is filtered through fear of someone taking exception to what is being said, so be it. I think your forum will loose much of it's spontinaity and liviliness. I was told I was being considered for the private "professional" section of this forum at one time and all I had to do was put down give my real name, these are the reasons I didn't then dispite the honor I felt at being considered. If you feel it would be in the best interest of this forum to deleat my account there is nothing I can do about it. I have enjoyed posting here and will miss everyone. Thanks-James Steven Beverly AKA Capt. Video. B)

Edited by Capt.Video

I fully support Tim. This is a forum for exchange of information. If you are not willing to take responsibility for what you say by using your real name, then you have no business posting here. There are many of you who hide behind the internet in order to voice your opinions inflame others.

Simply put, if you are adult enough to argue, you need to be adult enough to be own up to your actions and words.

Hey Leon,

That's an interesting article. I'm a senior at UT going into my last semester, I do wedding videography on the side. I've spent the last 2 1/2 months in New York City making connections and figuring out if I wanted to leave Austin or not and I've decided that I don't. I am camera minded, I would have majored in photography in junior college if they'd had that as an option, and I have a Sony Z1. I just completed shooting on my own art film short up here and I return Tuesday to DFW, then a week later to Austin to do some editing, greenscreening and motion graphics.

If you're looking for crew or just interested in chatting my email is elliot-s11 at comcast.net . I can promise that I won't rip you off, try to trick you, or steal from you. Are those good qualifications? ; )