Please don't remove my account

John Hawkinson

While I understand the need to clean house every so often, it sounds like there are a lot of us who come to the forum to learn. My grandfather once told me that if you don't have anything interesting to say, don't just speak to hear yourself talk. When I do have something that will add to a thread, I will definitely contribute. Until then, please don't delete my account.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I wouldn't consider myself a lurking member, but when I signed up for the web site I wanted to keep myself anonymous for whatever internet paranoia I had. So I always sign my first name to my posts. For any member who wanted to see my full name and background, I made my www.imdb.com resume available on my profile. All anyone would have to do is click on my cinematography.com name to see my profile and then see a link to imdb. Has that been too hard (or anonymous) for anyone?

best

Tim

Yep- I want to keep my account too. I've been a member for many years, but the time I posted questions and participated to conversation was mainly back when I was student. Now I'm teaching cinematography and related stuff and I tell this great forum to them.

I just discovered the RSS feed about forum posts- great way to follow whats new :) . I'll have to link it to my students learning platform.

Guest Tim Blyth

Why all this draconian must do this and that about signatures etc. If the "system" was that clever it would not let you have no signature. Personally I do not like being told what to do but I do enjoy looking in from time to time.

While I am here does anyone know whether the film Hijacked (1950) still exists as a print ? see http://allmovie.com/cg/avg.dll?p=avg&sql=A22309

Cheers Tim Blyth

• Premium Member
You are so nieve. People's careers have been destroyed by comments they've made in passing. Look at what happened to Bill Marr because of his comment after 9-11. When you become a true adult, you'll find out everything you do has conciquences, intentional or not. You may not intent to "inflame" anyone but may simply have an unpopular opinion, but that's not going to matter. I choose to fight my fights when and where they matter. That's what an adult does.

You solved your own problem. All you have to do is not post your opinions if you're worried about people judging you on them. There are plenty of other things to talk about here that don't involve opinions. This forum costs you nothing (unless you choose to contribute). If you don't like it there are plenty of other places on the internet where you can be anonymous.

• Premium Member

I think it is a good idea to do this kind of housecleaning. Moderators have told members repeatedly to stop sending unsigned posts and having names that are made up, and yet many completely disregard this. Perhaps this is why the forum has had to take such drastic measures.

Well I've with much interest read this forum for a while; it's quite full of quite good information. It never got to posting for me, but reading all this just gives a good idea of what this little world looks like and how it works. Very interesting to see how people got to what they do today...

Just recently bought three panasonic dvx100b's to start doing, hopefully, some nice things... :rolleyes:

Good morning from windswept Shetland Islands. Just returned from 2 month film and sail trip on the subject of climate change round the North Atlantic. To find out that the herd is being culled. PLease don't do it. I need to be a part of something....