• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ahead. Make my day...

(hit delete)

(please don't just kidding!)

I have no Btothe Atothe LL's.

If the owner of this forum feels it's necessary to delete users that don't feel the need to mouth off every time they read a post, it's their right. It's a free country (used to be anyway). They would, however, deserve the people that remain. Requiring members to post is like requiring Americans to vote. I'm an American whether I vote or not. I have no right to complain if I don't vote. But I'm still an American. In this forum, if I don't post, I am no longer a member. I expect this requirement to decrease the signal to noise ratio in posts. Knowing that posts are required, people will post when it isn't really necessary, like when their viewpoint has already been expressed by someone else. Compelling people to say something when they don't feel it's necessary is subtle, yet insidious.

Knowing that posts are required, people will post when it isn't really necessary, like when their viewpoint has already been expressed by someone else. Compelling people to say something when they don't feel it's necessary is subtle, yet insidious.

Hey guys (and girls) is this the "Post something so as to not get bumped thread"?

You are so nieve. People's careers have been destroyed by comments they've made in passing. Look at what happened to Bill Marr because of his comment after 9-11. When you become a true adult, you'll find out everything you do has conciquences, intentional or not. You may not intent to "inflame" anyone but may simply have an unpopular opinion, but that's not going to matter. I choose to fight my fights when and where they matter. That's what an adult does.

Thank you for making my point. So then grow a pair and and don't say "oh I would hate to not get hired, blah, blah, blah." Guess what, you're backpeddaling.

Compelling people to say something when they don't feel it's necessary is subtle, yet insidious.

Nahhh. It's just a way for me to figure out if you got the email. Lurkers can continue to lurk if that's your preference.