New Trailer for my Independent Feature

Korhan20

Hey guys,

I haven't posted on here in a while. I'm currently in post production on my independent feature shot with a dvx100a. Check out the site www.clockingpaper.com and download the "new trailer". Let me know what you guys think.

-Korhan

Hi,

Obviously, I haven't seen the full film but apart from the the bar scene and maybe some of the flashbacks many of the scenes look a little flat. As it is sort of gangster film I would have made it a bit moodier, or grittier.. or something. There doesn't seem to be any 'moody' lighting anywhere. I just watched the two first Godfathers back-to-back last night so I'm in 'Prince of Darkness' mode right now...

Also your actors looked a bit sweaty in some shots - did you have a make-up artist to pat them down with powder?

And finally...I have to say the white mask is a teeny bit kitsch...not very stylish...

Sorry, just some of my opinions!

Maybe I just haven't seen it in context - what it will look like when it's finished.

Regards

• Premium Member

I would have to agree with Morgan in the sense that the lighting did look flat. I will say you did a good job of keeping within the DVX range of latitude, as I didnt notice any blown out highs or murky lows, but it still didnt look organic. It looked as though your lighting was too even across the whole frame. Might want to try some mood lighting like Morgan recommended.