M*****f***ing Snakes on a Plane!

I have not seen it yet, definitely a desperate DVD rental for me in the distant future.

However...this will unleash a series of copycat movies and sequels, each with a more ridiculous title. For example, coming soon:

Lions On A Plane

Wolves On A Plane

Sharks On A Plane

Spiders On A Plane

& most terrifying of all:

Dick Cheney On A Plane.

Next will be the other spin offs of the same theme:

Badgers On A Bus

T-Rex On A Train

Bats On A Boat

Trust me, all of this will happen.

• Premium Member

"I have had enough of these mother-f------ grain reductions on these mother-f---- D.I.'s!!!"

The funniest line though is when the villian says "Do you think I'd even go through with this plan if I hadn't exhausted every other possibility?" I'd love to see his list of plans that were worse. And his defense at his trial.

Guest stroxell82

Hollywood gave this the greenlight and put in millions on it.A movie about my ass would have been better(and cheaper)

"SNAKES ON A PLANE",..and people on this site actually got mad at my comments on the "mass" moviegoing american public...yes I used pejorative terms but c'mon! SNAKES!!! ON A PLANE!!! OK, japanese gameshows are crazy, but this.....this is too much.

:lol: These are the movies popcorn was meant for. I may have to go see this one...too crazy to pass up.

Oh,yeah! I vote for "SHARKS ON A PLANE" and "DICK CHENEY ON A PLANE"

This has franchise written all over it! I think you should write a couple treatments...

BTW, anyone know how much the script went for? I really want to know. Thanks.

There was a local headline that read, "Snake on a Plane," soon after John Karr left Thailand for LA.

What I can't figure out is what this movie is about?

It definitely has franchise written all over it, and there is plenty of room for subtext. On this flight would you rather sit next to Dick Cheney, Osama Bin Laden, DB Cooper, or Dean Martin and George Kennedy?

There was a local headline that read, "Snake on a Plane," soon after John Karr left Thailand for LA.

Are you serious? The front page of one of the Toronto dailies today was "Snake On A Plane" and a picture of John Karr. On a side note, I exclaimed to my wife that the media had decided to try and convict yet ANOTHER person in connection with the murder of Jon Bennet. They ruined the lives of her parents, now they're at it again, with no regard for "innocent until proven guilty."

Incredible!

And now back to Snakes On A Plane.....

It definitely has franchise written all over it, and there is plenty of room for subtext. On this flight would you rather sit next to Dick Cheney, Osama Bin Laden, DB Cooper, or Dean Martin and George Kennedy?

I was going to vote for Deano but then I remembered he's dead and probably wouldn't smell too good although he probably smells better than Cheney or Bin Laden. Geoge Kennedy would probably sweat all over you, so I'd go with DB Cooper because if the plane was going down, I'd know where I could get a parachute. B)

No brainer. Cooper has a parachute.

I must admit my tendency to "personal boycott" movies that are hyped beyond belief, with no mention whatsoever about:

1. What the film is even about.

2. Is it good?

The hype on this film seems to be to draw attention to the hype itself.

It's like seeing a car commercial, that doesn't show or even mention the car, but it tells you the name of the car, then spends the rest of the commercial talking about how cool they were for just having a commercial.

I'll pass, until I actually hear someone tell me what it's about, and more importantly, if it's any good. I just cringe when I toss down good money and therefore help perpetuate dumb-ass marketing campaigns.

How about:

Fluke worms up my ass (gross-out John Waters version)

Flames on a plane (a gay version)

Maimed on a plane (a horror version)

Auntie Mame on a plane. (musical version)

Steaks on a plane (BBQ version)

Streakers on a plane (using the entire cast of Porky's)

Edited by Matt Pacini

The plot is fairly simple. A mob boss wants to take out someone who can testify against him, so he does what every mob boss would, unleash a bunch of angry snakes on the plane the witness is on. Then the plane full of people tries to survive the onslaught.

I saw a matinee, and I thought it was a great $5.00 camp action movie, had I had to pay $7-9, I wouldn't have been so happy.

I went to see Snakes On A Plane with the expectation that it was gonna be horrible and I would be laughing at the movie...not along with it. But it turned out I laughed along with it.

I was scared that it would be just a one bit/gag/joke movie...but they kept coming up with new stuff to make you laugh or jump or go "oh no don't do that!!!!" That to me is good filmmaking.

It also helped that the crowd was way into it. We all had such a great time watching this movie together. Everybody was yelling at the characters, hootin and hollerin, and I think it really added to the enjoyment. I bet I would have a very different oppinion if I saw it on DVD.

I give it 4.5 snakes out of 5. (Samuel L. Jackson should have had a fight with the bad dude at the end over a pit of vipers...ending with the bad dude falling into the pit and getting bit so many times he balloons up and explodes like the guy in Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life)

• Premium Member

I'm with you Dan, this is one of those movies that I thought could only suck, but then all the hype started and I thought the hype was funny, I usually don't buy into those kinds of things, but I figured almost as a joke I would go see it and then be able to tell all my friends about it. For sure the idea was ridiculous and the plot was nothing unexpected, but I really had a good time. It was funny and startling at times and even though a lot of the CG looked awful, it kind of worked. I had a good time so I would consider it money well spent. I just hope I don't get addicted to big budget/low concept action movies. Yikes!

"I was kind of a pyro as a kid." "You too?"

I just hope I don't get addicted to big budget/low concept action movies. Yikes!

Welcome to the darkside. Once you start down that path, forever, will it dominate your destiny.

If you want another great big budget/low concept action movie that transcends the crappiness you would expect...I highly recommend Bad Boys 2...I am not a Michael Bay fan...but Bad Boys 2 is a very fun movie.

• 2 weeks later...