IBC footage...

Jim Jannard

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of unneeded scepticism for his camera probably wasn?t the only reason for Jim Jannards exit from this forum
For sure! But on-topic...
Me neither. But I'm waiting for people of my family from there. Maybe they have some good news. But sadly, I already know they didn't watch the famous footage. Did you know anyone who did it?
@dvxuser.com there are some reviews on that. Mikko Wilson (IBC correspondent) posted those images from RED as the highest quality images he has ever seen. With incredible dynamic range. There was who said something around up to 15 f-stops.

What a rant!

I asked, I typed "or" (three hypothesis, okay?), yes that's my opinion (why? isn't it allowed?), this guy called Jacoby has been what he has been when he writes what he writes.

Your mistake: I wasn't politically correct! You are when you are allowing his silly posts totally off-topic when he isn't posting against red camera being Jim Murdoch's apprentice.

Hi,

Whatever, I'm done with this topic, don't throw around slanderous terms for effect, it's not wise.

And BTW asking a rhetorical question is the same as stating something directly eg:

If I asked you "Are you a prick?" it would be no different from me saying "you are a prick!" just a little more cowardly.

Also, I never agreed with Max Jacoby about anything on this thread, I was responding specifically to your careless insinuation that Max was Racist (not a term ever to be used carelessly).

Later....enjoy your silly little slanging match.

Hi,

Whatever, I'm done with this topic, don't throw around slanderous terms for effect, it's not wise.

And BTW asking a rhetorical question is the same as stating something directly eg:

If I asked you "Are you a prick?" it would be no different from me saying "you are a prick!" just a little more cowardly.

It wasn't my intention but who cares?

Also, I never agreed with Max Jacoby about anything on this thread

Agreed.

I was responding specifically to your careless insinuation that Max was Racist (not a term ever to be used carelessly).

Later....enjoy your silly little slanging match.

I'm out. But I wasn't the first one to think the same on the issue:

http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...1&hl=racism

And I just asked. One, two and in a three different directions.

• Premium Member
There was who said something around up to 15 f-stops.

That figure is a complete guesswork by an outside viewer of the footage and there is no evidence to support it.

Jim himself has said in another discussion in this very subforum that no one measured the stop range of the shot in question and that he does not want to make claims yet about the latitude of the camera.

I would encourage anyone to read the thread in question before repeating any claims that are not based on facts.

• Premium Member
That figure is a complete guesswork by an outside viewer of the footage and there is no evidence to support it.

Jim himself has said in another discussion in this very subforum that no one measured the stop range of the shot in question and that he does not want to make claims yet about the latitude of the camera.

I would encourage anyone to read the thread in question before repeating any claims that are not based on facts.

On the video for IBC, a rep did indeed say that RED was holding detail with a light 15 stops hotter than the subject without blow out. I am extremely skeptical of that.

All what I've been reading on this red camera from the credible viewers at HD 4 Indies, Dvxuser, Dvinfo it gives that information.

"That figure is a complete guesswork by an outside viewer."

The world is outside where there isn't one only thread. There are several of them saying the same. Here are the facts.

All what I've been reading on this red camera from the credible viewers at HD 4 Indies, Dvxuser, Dvinfo it gives that information.

The world is outside where there isn't one only thread. There are several of them saying the same. Here are the facts.

Go ahead soldier! ;)

There are no "facts" about the dynamic range of the sensor other than this: Jim Jannard himself says that the dynamic range of the sensor has not yet been measured and that RED intends to do further testing and tweaking after IBC. He also says that the reports from IBC about the dynamic range are speculation. Why do you choose to believe HD for Indies, DVXuser and DVinfo over the head of the company?

Edited by Greg Lowry

:)

Go ahead soldier! ;)
:)

There are no "facts" about the dynamic range of the sensor other than this: Jim Jannard himself says that the dynamic range of the sensor has not yet been measured and that RED intends to do further testing and tweaking after IBC. He also says that the reports from IBC about the dynamic range are speculation. Why do you choose to believe HD for Indies, DVXuser and DVinfo over the head of the company?
I'm a latin native, I'm a believer... :lol:

cheers

Seriously, on the other hand I read there interesting stuff. And that Curtis, wow he knows what he's talking about. Very honest.

By the way, this is yours:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=73528

Great info. Thank you.